What's new

Aux battery

kctay

Just got my Surface pro 4, and a taking a 14 hour plane flight, are there any auxiliary batteries available?

stammie

I guess this would be the closest Amazon.com: Aukey 18000mah Multi-voltage (5v 12v 16v 19v)External Battery with Quick Charge for iPhone 6S 6S Plus 6 Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus LG HTC Motorola and many other USB Powered Mobile Devices(Silver): Cell Phones & Accessories but its a lot smaller capacity,
I've seen this one recommended in the past http://www.amazon.com/Intocircuit-P..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0BT743P4E25YF2WANNTJ

on the Aukey no further adapters were required, the cable I linked to went straight into the dc output port of the battery pack, I'd assume the second pack I linked to would be the same

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
International airport security is widely refusing battery packs from checked or carry-on baggage, due to fire risk when the cabin is pressurized or if ambient temperature should change quickly.

This is a major factor limiting manufacturers from increasing battery capacity. They may exceed future regulation.

Here is a good pack I own, which is being refused already.
3rd party chargers? | Microsoft Surface Forums

OP
K

kctay

International airport security is widely refusing battery packs from checked or carry-on baggage, due to fire risk when the cabin is pressurized or if ambient temperature should change quickly.

This is a major factor limiting manufacturers from increasing battery capacity. They may exceed future regulation.

Here is a good pack I own, which is being refused already.
3rd party chargers? | Microsoft Surface Forums

Interesting, I have always used one when flying for my iPad or Laptop as recently as last month to Australia. Where did you travel internationally that yours was refused?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Within the USA. But American carriers outside the USA are also refusing.

The recent Hoverboard revolution has brought more attention to this issue.