What's new

Average SP3 Battery Life with/wo Power Cover

morganFreeman

So I've seen a few posts here and there reporting that the old Power Covers (the type cover with attached battery) now work with the SP3 after firmware updates in July. After seeing how much better battery life improved on the SP2 with the same cover, I was wondering how much longer your SP3's last with this cover instead.

Since apparently Microsoft hasn't reported anything regarding a power cover for the SP3 I am strongly considering getting one of the older ones. Does anyone advise against this? Thoughts? Feelings? etc.

OP
M

morganFreeman

That's awesome thanks!

I had not seen this before. However, like the concluding thoughts question...will there be a power cover for the pro 3? According to my conversations with microsoft reps, the answer is yes, BUT no one has any idea when. Hopefully it will be shorter than the time it took for them to push one out for the SP2.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's awesome thanks!

I had not seen this before. However, like the concluding thoughts question...will there be a power cover for the pro 3? According to my conversations with microsoft reps, the answer is yes, BUT no one has any idea when. Hopefully it will be shorter than the time it took for them to push one out for the SP2.
I think it will be right after the return period expires if you buy the current one :)