What's new

Awesome iPad Pro Web Comic.

leeshor

apple.jpg

GoodBytes

After seeing the press event, now the Surface line looks far more affordable :)

One thing that no one catch, is that the pen of the iPad Pro, needs to connect to the lightning connector of the iPad Pro to charge. Imagine using the device with a long pen sticking on the side. That is asking for the pen to break and possibly the connector. And how are you supposed to use the device with the pen connected to it, and wait for it to charge?

Apple-iPad-Pro-pencil_dezeen_468_5.jpg

Apple-Pencil-16.png

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
After seeing the press event, now the Surface line looks far more affordable :)

One thing that no one catch, is that the pen of the iPad Pro, needs to connect to the lightning connector of the iPad Pro to charge. Imagine using the device with a long pen sticking on the side. That is asking for the pen to break and possibly the connector. And how are you supposed to use the device with the pen connected to it, and wait for it to charge?

Apple-iPad-Pro-pencil_dezeen_468_5.jpg

Apple-Pencil-16.png
Pretty humorous although the logical thing would be to get a cable for it...
something light and flexible, it's 1979 again :)
03_tablet_revolution_thumb555.jpg

CrippsCorner

Yeah a cable would be a good shout... does seem like a weird thing to implement though.

What is good though is 15 seconds of charging gives 30 minutes of usage, so it's hardly going to be sticking out there for a long period of time!

ptrkhh

People complained that the Surface Pen doesn't have storage on the device itself. This seems to be even worse, lets see how this goes.

jrioux

Yeah a cable would be a good shout... does seem like a weird thing to implement though.

What is good though is 15 seconds of charging gives 30 minutes of usage, so it's hardly going to be sticking out there for a long period of time!
Yes, only 6 hours for a full charge.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
:) It's interesting that the moans people had about the keyboard not being bundled with the SP3, and the pen not having a holder don't apply to the iPad pro..

I do like the idea of the apple pencil but only because of the way it can detect the angle you're holding it at. For me that is the only plus of the ipad pro over the Surface 3 or Surface pro 3.

For me the MS-Loop works fine - after 1 year it's still firmly attached to my keyboard cover (and that's even after re-positioning it once) and it does the job. I think where you attach it is key. I put mine on the inside of the long edge of the keyboard cover about 1.5inches in from the edge so that when the pen is in the holder the end of it is just inside the outer short edge of the device. Works well and looks like that's where it's supposed to go :)