What's new

Backpack suggestion

OP
G

gman713

I actually use the Oakley Bathroom Sink backpack. I cannot get the SB2 inside via the side pocket, but it fits easily through the top opening, and I keep my SB in a neoprene sleeve as well. So plenty of room for both and all my accessories.

I have that exact setup for my SB2 15". I like the bag for a weekend trip but I find it a little large for a EDB. It's not a big deal but it bugs me that I can't slide it through the side access and I'm always having to shove that top flap all the way behind the bag to have easy access.

I actually wanted to get the Peak Design 20L backup but the 15" won't fit into the sleeve. The 30L is just too big.

Cimmerian

The Ogio Renegade RSS is by far the best laptop bag I have ever owned, should be a perfect fit for the new Surface Book 2 15" and will obviously fit the smaller one. The laptop pouch is ridged and gives you a piece of mind. The bag is compact / tight but has a surprising amount of room, great for just about every application.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076D099Q/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: Didn't see that you specifically requested a bag with a slide in the side feature mb.

Last edited:
OP
G

gman713

Thank you guys!

I'm currently debating between these two:

Field Muzetto

Staad Laptop BackPack

I can't imagine spending over $300 on a backpack, and the messenger bag looks more professional IMO.

I should be getting the Staad Stout bag today and will post back my thoughts. I do agree with you about spending over $300 for a bag is crazy, but I also know buying a $3K notebook is somewhat nuts as well.

bangsters

I should be getting the Staad Stout bag today and will post back my thoughts. I do agree with you about spending over $300 for a bag is crazy, but I also know buying a $3K notebook is somewhat nuts as well.

I was about to pull the trigger on the messenger bag, but I'll wait for your review when you get yours :) Maybe it might sway me to spend a ridiculous $300 for a backup to house a ridiculous $3000 SB2 lol.

Between the two I would lean toward the vertical messenger bag but that's just me :)

Same here brother... I'm leaning towards the messenger bag, although it has to be the large size, not sure how that looks like.

OP
G

gman713

I just got the Staad Stout last night. This bag is awesome! You can easily see the quality put in this bag and I know it will last me for years. I'm surprised how much slimmer and smaller it is than I thought. I'm so glad I didn't get the slim bag because there wouldn't be any room for accessories. I have my bag with almost the same stuff I had in my Oakley bag, and still have plenty of room. The bags is lighter and it just looks and feels great. It retains it's shape and doesn't puff out when it's not totally full. The capacity of this bag and the depth of the bag seems perfect. This seems like the first bag I bought that checks all the boxes for me!

bangsters

I just got the Staad Stout last night. This bag is awesome! You can easily see the quality put in this bag and I know it will last me for years. I'm surprised how much slimmer and smaller it is than I thought. I'm so glad I didn't get the slim bag because there wouldn't be any room for accessories. I have my bag with almost the same stuff I had in my Oakley bag, and still have plenty of room. The bags is lighter and it just looks and feels great. It retains it's shape and doesn't puff out when it's not totally full. The capacity of this bag and the depth of the bag seems perfect. This seems like the first bag I bought that checks all the boxes for me!
Pics pics pics. If you need place to post pics use pixelsbin.com as well :)

Images hosted with www.PixelsBin.com

bangsters

Nice pics. Btw pixelsbin i recommend for images hosting.

You could also attach the embed codes directly, which is generated in PixelsBin.

Images hosted with www.PixelsBin.com

Last edited:

beltskyy

I highly recommend to you OGIO Renegade series, it has tough pocket for laptops up to 17" and very comfortable in use