What's new

Band Firmware Update 1.1.2110.0 released

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sync up your Microsoft Band for a firmware update: 1.1.2110.0 . The update takes about 90 seconds. Keep the Band close to your Bluetooth host (smartphone) uring the process. There is no need to connect the charge/sync cable.

The Microsoft Band touch screen responsiveness and general speed seem much improved after this update. The smartphone apps have also been updated. More info:

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/support/install-update/update-history

10899616_10153553811744478_536073708_n.jpg

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I don't "see" changes, but I do feel them. Much more responsive. Microsoft only reports "improvements".

fuzzy2651

It seems or "feels" smoother. I'm on the fence regarding the vibration when putting it on and taking it off the charger. Seems to be a little intense to me. I was hoping the update would fix the issue of not displaying the contact name when I get a phone call. Sometimes it shows the name, sometimes it shows just the phone number. I wish I could figure out the rhyme or reason it does that. Anyone else experiencing that?

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... Sometimes it shows the name, sometimes it shows just the phone number. I wish I could figure out the rhyme or reason it does that. Anyone else experiencing that?

Seems the difference is in the smartphone. I've noticed that if a caller is registered in my contacts, I get their name properly every time.
If a caller is foreign to my list of contacts, CallerID is used, which sometimes takes the smartphone a ring or two to process, by which time the notification (also posted by the smartphone) is already sent. I have an iPhone 6 Plus. If the smartphone is busy running apps and a foreign call comes in, this happens less often. It seems that the extra time need for the phone to send the notification is enough time to also send the proper CallerID.

Other comments:
Power consumption seems significantly better after this update.
Regarding the haptic feedback upon connecting to the charger- I like that, since the display stays off. Makes connecting in the dark, such as on a bedside table more convenient, since the vibration confirms the connection.

fuzzy2651

I have a Lumia Icon, so I'd like to think it would most definitely work every time. However, I'm running the Dev Preview on my phone, so maybe there's some bugs effecting it working properly.

My display still lights up when I connect it to the charger. Curiouser and curiouser...

VickiFL

The battery life on my MS Band has much improved. Probably because I changed the ways I'm using it, and could be the update too. I might try to go 3 days between charges soon.

VickiFL

Did anyone else get the latest update yesterday? I have not been able to tell if anything has been added, but it now seems I can't reply to text messages on my Band via mini keyboard or Cortana. Definitely not an improvement. :(

I take that back. I did notice you can now see the charge status while charging with watch mode OFF. That makes me happy. :)

fuzzy2651

VickiFL, I haven't tried using the keyboard yet on the Band. I have the text message tile turned off. I get so many texts during the day that it's annoying and it kills my battery with it vibrating all day. One thing I did notice was that turning the Band off and on doesn't clear the information from the tiles anymore. I'm fairly happy with the update though. I just wish there was a "clear tiles" option somewhere either on the Band itself or in the phone app.

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I did the update and found a bit better battery life (maybe about 3 more hours), and much faster syncing to my iPhone. Also, Bluetooth pairing was not reset after the battery did run out.

Not much else...

VickiFL

I went to the Microsoft Store, and they were able to get my Band working. Only after replacing my Lumia 1520. It has been having Bluetooth and wifi connectivity issues, so they replaced it. Magically, my Band works now. :)