What's new

Battery Drain after Shutdown

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Just to be clear: I was not suggesting that the keyboard was 'stealing' power, but I was asking if the keyboard was used to check if the computer was completely shut down. If you press SHIFT when shut down, and the keyboard lights up, it means the computer was actually running.

Next question: Have you done a Windows 10 Reset (either 'keep my files' or 'delete my files') to try to solve the problem?

mi2trac

Just to be clear: I was not suggesting that the keyboard was 'stealing' power, but I was asking if the keyboard was used to check if the computer was completely shut down. If you press SHIFT when shut down, and the keyboard lights up, it means the computer was actually running.

Next question: Have you done a Windows 10 Reset (either 'keep my files' or 'delete my files') to try to solve the problem?
No the keyboard does not light using the control key or any other key when the unit has been shutdown.

And, no I have not tried a Windows 10 Reset to solve the battery drain. I will do this and report back.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Okay. I hope a "Reset" fixes the trouble. OneDrive certainly comes in handy here, if you have it backing up all your personal files. Also, I keep any software needed to reload in a OneDrive folder.

mi2trac

Okay. I hope a "Reset" fixes the trouble. OneDrive certainly comes in handy here, if you have it backing up all your personal files. Also, I keep any software needed to reload in a OneDrive folder.
The reset did not help. After shutdown (complete, no light keyboard) about 18 hours 8% battery drain, 92% remaining.

mi2trac

256GB does not have problems, 128GB does. CPU speed is the same as yours.
Since mine has the 128Gb SS drive and your 128Gb SS drive unit also has the issue, I wonder if it has something to do with the SS drive? I also wonder if others with the same battery drain issue have the same SS drive?