What's new

Battery Drain in Quick Connect?

SeanP

Closed the lid, nothing running in the background at the time. Get to destination 3 hours later after having full battery and I'm at 92%...WTH is that all about? 8% battery drain in 3 hours of non use? When I opened it had to log in like normal so screen wasn't on at all. I don't get it

bluegrass

I always power off in situations when I know I won't use it for over an hour but I'm surprised that your surprise at the drop to 92%, The battery has to keep a lot of things going while it's asleep. Power to memory, cpu, etc. I don't want mine using any of the battery while I'm not using the computer for anything & certainly wouldn't be surprised if I didn't shut it down for 3 hours in the battery dropped 8%.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
8% certainly doesn't sound normal, but just remember, just because you've got nothing running in the background doesn't mean windows doesn't. I always close down viber, yet short of uninstalling it, i cannot get it to stop pulling notifications. Is this a new acquisition?

But as above, i don't understand why you don't just shut it down if it's going to be in a bag for 3 hours, it takes seconds to boot up.

Maybe try a refresh. I know when the device first came out that there were threads created about battery drain while in peoples bags.