What's new

Battery drain in "shut down" modus

Cem

Hi,
my SF 3 drains battery even when it is shut down. So after not used it for one day and I had shut it down (long press power button, then pull down screen to shut down) I'm left with 12-20% battery though it was 100% when shut down. I don't mind loosing 10% for whatever reasons but more than 80% is a lot.

Anything I'm doing wrong ?

thx

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm doesn't sound right, I don't know what the reason for that would be but my i7 was last charged Sunday night and since then literally every time I have finished with it I have just shut the cover. Is still alive and last time I checked had about 50% battery so that's over 4 days with lots of short periods of use.

bluegrass

Have you tried the standard way of shutting the SP3 down, using the icon at the top right hand side of the Start screen? It sounds like you're SP3 is not shutting down even when it looks like it did.

malberttoo

Hi,
my SF 3 drains battery even when it is shut down. So after not used it for one day and I had shut it down (long press power button, then pull down screen to shut down) I'm left with 12-20% battery though it was 100% when shut down. I don't mind loosing 10% for whatever reasons but more than 80% is a lot.

Anything I'm doing wrong ?

thx

Yes like @bluegrass says, shut it down the proper way, through the GUI. Swipe in from the right, tap the power button, Shut Down.

I don't think your SP3 is actually shutting down.