What's new

Battery indicator App

Ephoras

has anyone found a good way to see remaining battery life in Windows RT yet?
i mean i can only see the icon on the lock screen which gives like 0 information...

Have i overseen something?

kricke

Go to the Desktop and tap on the battery tray icon, just like you did in Windows 7.

This certainly IS an option, but I think there should/could be something like a live tile with percentages and ... maybe customizable.

I think we will see something like this in the (near?) future.

Knut

bradhaak

No offense, but it is not an option, it is 'the option', and is what the OP asked for.

He didn't ask for an app, he asked for how to do it in the OS.

kricke

No offense, but it is not an option, it is 'the option', and is what the OP asked for.

I fully and totally agree with you.

I just want to add/mention that there should be - and I know there is none at present - another way to see the info.

Knut

Brett

No offense but the OP did not ask for a way to do this in the OS. He asked for "a good way to see remaining battery life in Windows RT". A live tile would be in Windows RT and would absolutely qualify. Kricke's reply was helpful. Astounding that most of a year later MS still haven't fixed this. The app store is a massive fail.

orlandotek

I was looking for this as well but now I realize that real estate on the Start/Metro screen for tiles is a premium.
I no longer want to take up a tile just displaying this information.

To me, the quickest way from just about anyplace or any app, is to simply swipe in the charms bar from the right
and on the bottom is a clock with a pic of the battery power remaining. I now use this as my go to.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There won't be a Modern UI App that will be able to read the Power Management API as it isn't exposed in WinRT. All of the Modern UI Apps are "sandboxed" to prevent instability to the system and other Apps. The only way for Modern UI Apps to "talk" to each other are through pre-defined "Contracts"

The main Contracts Are:

•Share Contract - can automatically share content to and from any other app that also supports the contract.
•Search Contract - You can use the search charm and search across different applications such as – Bing, Twitter, etc.
•Picker Contract - allows you to get files, data, pictures from one app to another app.
•Play To Contract - You can help your users play digital media to connected DLNA devices from within your app