What's new

Battery life in Surface Pro 4 Pen

SPuser

I bought a SP 4 about two years ago and since the orginal battery ran out (after about a year), I've had to replace the battery about every two weeks, even though I'm barely using it. I was wondering if any one else had encountered this problem and whether there is a solution? Will Microsoft replace without a hassle?

I'd like to use the pen much more - that's why I got a SP, but got out of the habit because it is dead so often.

OP
S

SPuser

Good question. I've been using Duracell Ultra Advanced Alkaline AAAA and then tried Ansmann Alkaline. In both cases the battery life has been very short. I haven't had much luck finding anything but alkaline batteries in AAAA size.

Thanks

Orlbuckeye

I had a problem with that that I thought was the battery but it turned out to be a driver issue. I haven't replaced the battery in 18 months. Those batteries are hard to find. I went to Batteries Plus.

OP
S

SPuser

I had a problem with that that I thought was the battery but it turned out to be a driver issue. I haven't replaced the battery in 18 months. Those batteries are hard to find. I went to Batteries Plus.

Thank you for that. Did you uninstall the driver and then update it? Is it on a Microsoft site? Thanks again.

Orlbuckeye

When I uninstalled the driver I did it in the device manager. I deleted the driver then hit search for new devices. I found the Pen and installed the driver.