What's new

Battery Performance

I had all of the updates applied before I shut it down 24 hours ago and the computer was completely shut down, so how am I losing 7%+ battery life when the machine is completely off? That makes absolutely no sense. No other device I own does this. I'm really thinking there is a hardware defect with the batteries.

leeshor

7% over what period of time. All my laptops have always lost battery when turned off, my phones too. My Lenovo gets so little use I usually need to plug it in to use it. But I can still get 7 hours from a charge.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
New Battery Driver was pushed out for SP4 and SB in the Firmware Update, dated 11/13/2015...

Just received the 11/18 update. Will see if they improves anything. I also checked if there were any updates for my battery drivers and they both say they are up to date even though dated to 2006.

Aegeas

Try hitting the "shift" key while you are clicking "shut down" on the start menu. That disables hybrid shutdown mode -I believe. It may make a different for you and if it does then you can disable it permanently.

Does anyone know which battery is which on the indicator? I have Battery 1 and Battery 2, which is the screen and which is the one in the keyboard?

Telstar1948

Battery 1 is in the keyboard and Battery 2 is in the clipboard. If running the SB on battery, you'll notice Battery 1 is losing ground while 2 is staying at 100%. It uses the larger one in the keyboard first.

Battery 1 is in the keyboard and Battery 2 is in the clipboard. If running the SB on battery, you'll notice Battery 1 is losing ground while 2 is staying at 100%. It uses the larger one in the keyboard first.

Thank you - got it on which is which, BUT, my Surface book uses BOTH batteries at the same time. Wish it did what you described as that would ROCK. let me grab the screen and go with a full battery unless the keyboard was depleted.

battery%20use.png

Battery 1: 81% and Battery2: 93% after about 20 minutes on battery (game playing)

Last edited: