What's new

Battery Wearing for a year

Sean Kim

I bought Surface Pro3 in Mar. 4th 2015, and Warranty was expired in Mar.4th 2016.
But As you can see the battery wearing status as below, Battery extremely start wearing from the end of Feburary (In Warranty Period). And I just call service center to complain this after the warranty period. But they refuse to fix it with free charge. Charging Cycle is just 123cycle and I think that it is really surprise. Battery wearing just start from the terminate warranty.
캡처.PNG

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I bought Surface Pro3 in Mar. 4th 2015, and Warranty was expired in Mar.4th 2016.
But As you can see the battery wearing status as below, Battery extremely start wearing from the end of Feburary (In Warranty Period). And I just call service center to complain this after the warranty period. But they refuse to fix it with free charge. Charging Cycle is just 123cycle and I think that it is really surprise. Battery wearing just start from the terminate warranty.
View attachment 8086
Remove the Battery Driver from the Device Manager reboot and let it load the driver again.... make sure at least once a month you run the battery down below 10%...

zhenya

I had the exact same issue, over nearly the same time period, with nearly the same battery degradation numbers. About 120 cycles and wear down to 7whr in about 14 months of ownership. Microsoft refused to stand behind the product and it was $450 for a refurbished replacement with 90 days of warranty. Really crummy service IMO.

I had the exact same issue, over nearly the same time period, with nearly the same battery degradation numbers. About 120 cycles and wear down to 7whr in about 14 months of ownership. Microsoft refused to stand behind the product and it was $450 for a refurbished replacement with 90 days of warranty. Really crummy service IMO.
And how do you fixed it ?

illegal.op

I have the same issue. I also noticed that it started in mid February. I did a complete recovery and even decided to try the insider preview but the problem persist and is getting worse every day.

qZUuVbW.jpg