What's new

Battery Wearing for a year

CompUser

I have 42 cycles after a year, and my capacity wavers up and down, but is presently at about 97% of original capacity.

Last edited:

mrphysics

I had a similar issue with battery wear. Just started dropping after about 14 months. Lots of chatting with MS support. They remote accessed my machine to try a few things. No luck.

Fortunately I had extended care and was able to get a new machine (brand new). However, it was a Windows 10 machine so I lost my Windows Media Center capabilities (no more DVR) and of course the new OneDrive doesn't have shadow copies like the one on Win 8.1 so I'm not overly happy about those two items. But, support was very good about shipping a replacement, so no complaints there.

leeshor

I had a similar issue with battery wear. Just started dropping after about 14 months. Lots of chatting with MS support. They remote accessed my machine to try a few things. No luck.

Fortunately I had extended care and was able to get a new machine (brand new). However, it was a Windows 10 machine so I lost my Windows Media Center capabilities (no more DVR) and of course the new OneDrive doesn't have shadow copies like the one on Win 8.1 so I'm not overly happy about those two items. But, support was very good about shipping a replacement, so no complaints there.
This may hep your OneDrive issue How to Substitute OneDrive Smart Files in Windows 10
VLC player should play your DVR files but they may need to be converted first. You may also want to check out MEDIAPORTAL - a HTPC Media Center for free! - MEDIAPORTAL

lacimarkus

Just finished MS Singapore support. They say ~SGD 850 (USD 625) will be the battery replacement. Mine deteriorated just outside warranty within 2 months. (Could not apply for extended warranty because I am not a SG citizen or perm. resident) My reply was: hahhhhahahahahahaha - that is ridiculous. I will talk every living being out of buying MS products in the future. Will never be a a free beta tester/troubleshooter for anyone's unfinished/unoptimized product. This is totally unacceptable from a company that has just paid USD 26 yard for LinkedIn - hope they will not make another Skype success story out of it...

Reddit links violate the forum guidelines and was removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny365

How do I check what battery you have (brand) and how many cycles?

I've had mine since May 2015 (and by then it was already 9 months old (1 year warranty expired September 2015)

I use battery bar for % reporting, and it shows 5.4% wear, though I usually always keep it plugged in and sometimes the % fluctuates down to 0% wear.

greatg

I ran a battery report today and I'm not sure what's going on but I'm lucky to get 30 mins on battery? My Full Charge capacity is almost nothing?

Installed batteries
Information about each currently installed battery

BATTERY
NAME X883815
MANUFACTURER LGC-LGC
SERIAL NUMBER 1148262404
CHEMISTRY LION
DESIGN CAPACITY 42,157 mWh

FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 10,815 mWh
CYCLE COUNT 193