What's new

Battery Wearing for a year

Johnny365

Mine appears to only charge up to 97.2% and has degraded a few percentages in the last 4 months. Not a huge deal, and in real world uses, it seems to only have decreased battery time by 25 minutes.

spinachpie

Mine appears to only charge up to 97.2% and has degraded a few percentages in the last 4 months. Not a huge deal, and in real world uses, it seems to only have decreased battery time by 25 minutes.

I'd keep a constant check if you are within warranty. Mine started going gradually down and lots of others too. This is a terrible issue and MS should be doing more about it.

Johnny365

I don't really care anymore, since my 1 year warranty ended September 2015, and I bought it used to begin with, in April 2015.

ramiss

Guys. Leaving any device with a battery permanently plugged to wall power will shorten the life of the battery. You need to exersize/cycle the battery as much as you can. Every few days just run it down and then immediately charge it back up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

spinachpie

Guys. Leaving any device with a battery permanently plugged to wall power will shorten the life of the battery. You need to exersize/cycle the battery as much as you can. Every few days just run it down and then immediately charge it back up.

I had a Macbook for 3 years constantly plugged in at work and when I took it home, the battery worked the entire time and never degraded.

toaf

2015-11-15 - 2015-11-22 42,310 mWh 46,182 mWh

2016-07-06 46,574 mWh 48,835 mWh

SP2 mine seems to be doing ok. docked allot and the history must have reset itself at somepoint

Johnny365

I have discharged the battery once a month and the wear still happened on the SP3. I can see where exactly it occurred. Started around March/April of this year, so roughly 1.5 years since it was purchased.

September 2014, it was registered.

I bought it used in April 2015, so I've had it over a year.

Why can't people accept that it might not be the end user's fault, but sub-par battery manufacturer quality.

Johnny365

Now it's showing 0.0% wear. This is based off of Battery Bar Pro.

Even when I generated a battery report using:

powercfg /batteryreport

At command prompt, it shows that the capacity went back up (normal) in the last few months. I don't get it.