What's new

best android emulator

Skittle

For those with BitDefender issues, you don't have to turn off all of BitDefender, just the "Active Virus Control" part. I did this and Andyroid now works for me.

fonsecaj

It's actually not that bad in terms of app compatibility. However, a lot of users are experiencing a problem with it where if it's running while the device goes to sleep while DuOS is running, the emulator locks up and has to be end-tasked. So basically you have to shut the thing down before you sleep the Surface and then restart it later, which isn't very convenient because it takes a while to start.

People using all sorts of hardware are having the same problem.

bulls96

It's actually not that bad in terms of app compatibility. However, a lot of users are experiencing a problem with it where if it's running while the device goes to sleep while DuOS is running, the emulator locks up and has to be end-tasked. So basically you have to shut the thing down before you sleep the Surface and then restart it later, which isn't very convenient because it takes a while to start.

People using all sorts of hardware are having the same problem.

I run the same problem using DuoOS.

Question to those of you who are using DuoOS:

When you minimize DuoOS window and not running any Android app in it, does SP3 still use a lot of resource? I've read somewhere that DuoOS is using 30% CPU when no Android app is running.

fonsecaj

Question to those of you who are using DuoOS:

When you minimize DuoOS window and not running any Android app in it, does SP3 still use a lot of resource? I've read somewhere that DuoOS is using 30% CPU when no Android app is running.

I'm not seeing that. When DuOS isn't doing anything running in the background it's showing between 0% and 0.2% CPU. It does claim about 250 MB of memory usage, though.

I'm not seeing that. When DuOS isn't doing anything running in the background it's showing between 0% and 0.2% CPU. It does claim about 250 MB of memory usage, though.

That is wonderful news! I'm going to give it a go now. I do have few Android games I enjoy that's not in Windows store at the moment.

Thanks!