What's new

best back cover for surface pro 3 compatible with type cover

Nitric

Just to ease your concern. 2 photos taken few minutes ago.
DSC_0015.JPG

The trident case with mime ghost glass.
DSC_0016.JPG

You can see that the cover close nicely

Nitric

the sp3 is still working as normal like when it was with the maroo. It does get a bit warm after running videos from youtube but on maroo its warm too, and the fan was hardly audible the whole time. Mine is the i7.

And the casing does have vents on the top of the sp3 (when in landscape mode) with mesh for protection against dust and water.

Trident case is one of the microsoft's partner so i don't think microsoft will approve it if the casing cause the sp3 to overheat. I could be wrong though, but its the only hard case that allows the usage of the built in stand and assess to microSD port.

mitchellvii

Not sure why anyone needs a case for this? The SP3 isn't easy to drop like a phone and I just use a bag when traveling with it so I can also bring along power cords and mouse. The case just makes it permanently bigger and heavier with no real benefit. YMMV.

JoshB

I have stumbled with my SP3 a few times. I carry it around a lot. I also take the keyboard of regularly to draw. Also my bag slid down my shoulder once and hit the road. Even though the bag is padded, the frame bent in were the speaker is(LUCKY!). If it had been in case it would not have dented. If it had hit that rock anywhere else through the bag, it would have shattered the screen instead of bending the frame.

I agree that it is not easy to drop if all you're doing is using is at a desk or table. The size of the tablet makes for wanting to move it around while holding it if you are out in the field working or on a bench drawing.

Nitric

Plan on buying this case. Is the type cover able to fold back if I want to use it like a tablet? And in both methods (keyboard facing out/felt cover facing out).

I just tried folding the touch cover to the back and it folded alright.

Thanks!
Not sure why anyone needs a case for this? The SP3 isn't easy to drop like a phone and I just use a bag when traveling with it so I can also bring along power cords and mouse. The case just makes it permanently bigger and heavier with no real benefit. YMMV.

If you don't need it, doesn't mean others will do the same as u. I dont like to leave my sp3 unprotected and this is not a piece of cheap hardware and definitely more expensive than a phone.

daniielrp

If you don't need it, doesn't mean others will do the same as u. I dont like to leave my sp3 unprotected and this is not a piece of cheap hardware and definitely more expensive than a phone.

Surface Pro 3 64GB - £649 ($799)
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB - £699 ($849)
Galaxy Note 4 32GB - £599
Nexus 6 64GB - £549

Just.

mitchellvii

That's why I said "YMMV" (Your Mileage May Vary). But here's the thing I don't get. You pay a premium for a thin and light device then double the weight with a case? Makes no sense to me. If you are worried about scratching the surface why not just skin it? If you want to transport it why not just get a small bag with a shoulder strap? If you are worried about dropping it the kinetic energy of something this heavy hitting the floor, case or not, will likely damage it anyway. I've owned numerous tablets and laptops and have never dropped one while I've dropped my phone several times.

By putting an attached case on this you are permanently placing it in laptop weight mode. To me this defeats the whole purpose of the device for minimal benefit. Of course some people like it anyway but that doesn't prevent me giving the whole idea a 5 Star SMH.