What's new

best browser for low cpu usage in Sp3

Enrico D.

Hello,
trying to resolve some issue with my Sp3 I was testing today Firefox, IE and Chrome browsers and I checked the task manager doing the same things with both 3.

Seem that IE consume less resources and CPU load is very low, 2nd position Chrome, worst is Firefox.

Chrome is very near to performance of IE but IE seem really the best.

I was not using since years IE and Chrome never likes, considering so to come back to IE 11

What you think? For our Sp3 is very important to keep the resources use to the lowest to don't give troubles to CPU load - heat etc..

please confirm, thank you

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

btw, memory vs cpu should be a smaller problem if our mission is to keep the temperature down of the sp3 and more the cpu is under load worse it is, correct?
I have 8 gb ram, but watching what was doing firefox on my sp3 task manager seem that IE it's a must now.

If not IE what? Chrome?

ctitanic

btw, memory vs cpu should be a smaller problem if our mission is to keep the temperature down of the sp3 and more the cpu is under load worse it is, correct?
I have 8 gb ram, but watching what was doing firefox on my sp3 task manager seem that IE it's a must now.

If not IE what? Chrome?
Chrome is the worse of all. It uses more battery than anyone else.

wynand32

I love the MUI IE, except for a few things:

1. History seems difficult to get at. I can't say I've figured out where it is yet.
2. There doesn't seem to be a way to reload a closed tab, as in Chrome and desktop IE.
3. The infamous swipe-back gesture is horrendous--the delay can sometimes be forever, seemingly.
4. After a time, I find that it slows down and eventually becomes unusable. At that point I usually force-close it and restart.
5. Where tabs show up seems to be completely random. They'll start out in the correct "home" order, but over time they move all over the place. I haven't figured out the pattern yet.
6. It seems to keep reopen tabs that have been closed. Again, it's sporadic and random.

Okay, that's more than a few things I don't like about it. What I do like is Share, and how nicely it automatically splits the screen. Works great with Tweetium and Nextgen Reader, making for an excellent workflow with both apps. Lots of times I keep Tweetium upon in minimum split screen mode, with the browser to the right taking up the rest of the screen. It's like my little daily control panel.

That doesn't directly answer the OP's question, except to say that there's something going on that causes #3 and #4 in my list. Perhaps it's memory related. Overall, yes, it seems to be the most battery-efficient. Next would be desktop IE, then Chrome. I haven't used Firefox in ages.

wynand32

4,5 and 6 do not seem normal. Try uninstalling it and installing it.

Hmmm... May not be a bad idea, but where would I go to uninstall it? I'm not sure that I've ever looked into how the built-in MUI apps can be removed. I see that it can be uninstalled (or at least the option comes up when I long-press the icon as with other MUI apps. But, I don't exactly know where I'd go to reinstall it.

Also, note that these are happening even after a recent restoration, so I'm not sure if it's a matter of something being corrupted or some such. Maybe it's my usage patterns or something...

ctitanic

Screenshot (83).png

Uninstall is there.