What's new

best browser for low cpu usage in Sp3

Liam2349

Yes I am aware of the tool bar on the bottom and the star but its cumbersome when compared to having the favorite bar always showing in desktop IE. Also, the favorites in metro IE are randomly ordered and there is no way to sort them.

Maybe tabs is a bad word. Here is what I mean.

View attachment 3574

I have 3 open tabs / windows even though I have never asked metro IE to do so. When I am done on the web, I swipe down to close metro IE. Later when I open metro IE again it opens a new tab window. This however is random. Half the time it starts fresh with only one tab / window and half the time it opens with previous tabs / windows still active.

Maybe I am not doing a good job of explaining the behavior.

It's supposed to remember your tabs, like desktop IE, but also like desktop IE, it sometimes forgets them.

You can tell it to always forget them if you want.

raqball

Mine is grayed out and is not selectable but its already set to not open with previous tabs.

Liam2349

Mine is grayed out and is not selectable but its already set to not open with previous tabs.

That is pretty weird, as my options are selectable. Perhaps someone else will know how to unlock them, but I don't remember them ever being locked.

Have you changed UAC?

jimaiwr

yeup. Theres been battery test on various browsers ( Andantech or something? i forgot) IE metro seems to be the best at managing resources, then comes IE desktop... and the rest you can forget about. I LOVE chrome but apparently it's a memory hog and it absolutely KILLS battery, I'd refrain from using it unless your plugged in :)