What's new

best buy has pre order

tatwood

Went into my Local Best Buy today and talked with one of there agents and got my 128GB Pro on pre order for Saturday pickup :D best buy also had a 64 GB surface pro with type cover on display.

compnovo

Went into my Local Best Buy today and talked with one of there agents and got my 128GB Pro on pre order for Saturday pickup :D best buy also had a 64 GB surface pro with type cover on display.

I had heard rumors that the Surface Pro was available for preview (but not purchase) so I dropped by my local Best Buy today to see if it was true. The nice salesperson in the mobile phone department where they display the tablets tactfully told me I was mistaken, but anyway the only difference between the Pro and the RT was the size of the SSD and the processor.

You'd think Best Buy would spend a LITTLE time training floor staff, considering the Pro rolls out in a couple of days. No wonder sales for the RT were (reportedly) low.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I had heard rumors that the Surface Pro was available for preview (but not purchase) so I dropped by my local Best Buy today to see if it was true. The nice salesperson in the mobile phone department where they display the tablets tactfully told me I was mistaken, but anyway the only difference between the Pro and the RT was the size of the SSD and the processor.

You'd think Best Buy would spend a LITTLE time training floor staff, considering the Pro rolls out in a couple of days. No wonder sales for the RT were (reportedly) low.

Sheesh and to think many people look to Best Buy to be the experts :( Not just for the Surface but for every device I can't tell you how many times I have been involved in and heard stories about getting help from other people in the store instead of the blue shirts. "Excuse me sir, you look like you know about tablets, can you please tell me the differences?" etc. etc.

bosamar

In most of my many dealing with BB I've found their level of knowledge to be very low = mediocre. I'd almost bet that they have no formal training program. It's hit-and-miss all the time.

jneikum

I stopped by BestBuy today. They did have one on display with a sign in front of it saying "Available Feb. 9th". I preordered mine with the $50 gift card. I was hoping to get an associate who didn't know much and would sell me one today, but apparently they've been trained pretty well. Just hoping the impending snowstorm doesn't keep me from getting there Saturday!

I have a $25 gift card. I was going to buy the keyboard today while I was there. Not sure if they get commission there or not but the guy who helped me was cool so I figured I'd get something while I was there. He actually recommended I wait until Saturday in case there was a deal on it. I hope he's there Saturday. I want him to have my sale!

tprevett

I stopped by BestBuy today. They did have one on display with a sign in front of it saying "Available Feb. 9th". I preordered mine with the $50 gift card. I was hoping to get an associate who didn't know much and would sell me one today, but apparently they've been trained pretty well. Just hoping the impending snowstorm doesn't keep me from getting there Saturday!

I have a $25 gift card. I was going to buy the keyboard today while I was there. Not sure if they get commission there or not but the guy who helped me was cool so I figured I'd get something while I was there. He actually recommended I wait until Saturday in case there was a deal on it. I hope he's there Saturday. I want him to have my sale!

I don't think its a matter of training. I don't believe the stores will receive any product until Saturday morning. As of this afternoon at 3:00, the only stock showing up for North East Ohio was the demo units which all the stores have received. My Neice and her BF both work there, and he looked it up in RSS.. nothing shows, I saw the screen, showed 1 of each at each store, with a goosegg for "on order". Supposedly if any product shows up in store, it will be via drop ship early tomorrow AM. I pre-ordered on Tuesday, and am hoping that it is available tomorrow, otherwise I'll be driving 50 miles to the MS store in Beachwood to pickup the one I reserved.

I hope these things ship from the east cost... I would assume that they will ship from Logistics in Kentucky, like just about everything else..

jneikum

I got my confirmation from BB to pick it up tomorrow morning.

I haven't gotten anything yet but I talked to BestBuy on chat and told them my store # and they said as of now there are no delays there and they should get the shipment tonight. They said to call and check with the store in the am if I wanted to be sure before hitting the road.