What's new

Best Buy Home Delivery Failure on Release Day

MDS

Best Buy failed to deliver the blue type cover pre ordered on 5/22. Order status shows order fulfillment in process so I have to assume this is their issue and not the delivery company's. I appreciate the fact Microsoft opened up pre orders to retailers. As usual Microsoft, at least for me, held up to their end of the deal in terms of prompt delivery of the Surface pro 3. If Best Buy has a reasonable explanation then send out a notice, otherwise this failure is on you. For crying out loud, you are a retailer.

Not wanting to turn this into a rant, but there are consequences that could reflect upon Microsoft. And traveling to the local Best Buy for a cover should not have to be a work around. Get it right Best Buy, if you care to be the go to retailer.

Microsoft created a tablet to show other tablet makers using their operating system what is possible. Microsoft has invested heavily in marketing their product. Good marketing includes everything that touches a customer, to include packaging and DELIVERY OF A PRODUCT. The four Ps all matter - how you promote a product, price, the product itself and PLACE you sell it.

If you pre ordered from somewhere else and had a better experience please let us know for future reference.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I pre-ordered from the MS Online Store on May 21 and received everything by 1 PM yesterday.....

camis1

Preordered form the MS Online Store on May 23rd...received all but the keyboard which is due to arrive on Monday (23rd).....

OP
MDS

MDS

Preordered form the MS Online Store on May 23rd...received all but the keyboard which is due to arrive on Monday (23rd).....

Appears you at least were given notice of when the delivery date would be. Better to have a customer a little disappointed by letting them know what's up rather than more upset because of not being told.

Seneleron

no, Worst Buy completely botched this one. Ordered 5/27, and if i hadn't been watching my order status like a hawk i wouldn't have even known it was backordered 2 weeks...and that status change didn't happen until yesterday morning.

Worst buu did not hold almost sny stock to fulfill pre orders, yet my local ish store had 34 in stock. Needless to say,was not thrilled

DanL

Amazing to me that BB botched a lot of the keyboard orders at the same time they had them piled up in their stores.

tuchas

The only thing BB F'd up for me was the USB Ethernet accessory. They claimed they would have them on launch day and they don't. Not essential, but still unnerving.

Strange that I ordered the elusive navy blue type cover through BB for delivery and Thursday the local store was able to switch it to store pickup for Friday with zero issues. Received my SP3 from MS (UPS) at 10:15am, and at 10:35 I was already walking out the door of BB with the navy type cover.

Frankly BB has screwed me over more times than I can count but they are carrying this cover exclusively. They were out of stock at pickup, but they had both i5 models in stock right then and there.

OP
MDS

MDS

Amazing to me that BB botched a lot of the keyboard orders at the same time they had them piled up in their stores.

Called Best Buy to change order to store pickup and because the blue cover was pending shipment for Monday they could not do it. Received three different answers when checking delivery status. Online says order is pending fulfillment, calling automatic system says order is in process and will be delivered by July 2nd. Talking to a live person who said is to be delivered Monday.

So off to the Best Buy store. Passed a group of four clerks standing in front of the tablet computer display, looked for a while at the Surface display where the Surface Pro 3 is displayed separately from the other models of Surface. Could not find a blue cover. A clerk comes over and says the blue cover had been displayed and they must need to put more out. So I followed him to the counter where there was a stack of blue covers about four and a half feet tall. Bought one. They have a 15 day return policy so either the one I bought at store will be returned or if the one ordered online gets here within 15 days it will be going back.

Oh well.

Last edited:

Nursedad

Yeah...the preorder process at Best Buy was a complete failure from my perspective. I didn't get my SP3 or keyboard and was told that I was looking at a two week backorder. Cancelled the order and picked up at my local Best Buy, which had plenty in stock.

Will NEVER preorder from them again. Lesson learned.