What's new

Best Buy promotes Jailbreaking

NGC

Before deciding to sell my Surface 2 I went to Best Buy to check out the Pro 2. The sales lady at Best Buy said don't waste your money on the Pro 2 just Jailbreak the Surface 2. She told me the Best Buy techs would tell me how to do it. She did warn that the warranty would be void.
Am I the only one that thinks there is something wrong with this picture?

wditters

Before deciding to sell my Surface 2 I went to Best Buy to check out the Pro 2. The sales lady at Best Buy said don't waste your money on the Pro 2 just Jailbreak the Surface 2. She told me the Best Buy techs would tell me how to do it. She did warn that the warranty would be void.
Am I the only one that thinks there is something wrong with this picture?

I have nothing against jailbreaking, I actually think that once you buy a device, it's up to the owner to decide what he wants to do with it. For me what counts more is that you trick the customer into false expectations. Once you jailbreak an RT device, true, you suddenly create the *possibility* of running non-Metro apps ... But nobody will prepare you for either incompatibilities or immensely slow performance. The hardware is not sized to run full programs that way, and you will most likely be extremely disappointed. Not sure whether Best Buy really should want to toy around with customer expectations that way ....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There isn't a functioning Jailbreak for Windows RT(8.1), I know the XDA Community is working on one but it isn't working IIRC. Also the programs that worked on the original were mostly abandonware games....