What's new

Best Drawing Program?

ctitanic

I'm making a short youtube video review of 4 programs right now....ArtRage, Manga Studio 5, Photoshop CC and Sketchbook Pro 6.2.5. Hopefully that help you guys out, I'll notify when it's uploaded, or you can subscribe to my youtube channel. I'm trying to post one or two review videos every week as time permits.
I would love to watch those videos!

Zog1971

I'm making a short youtube video review of 4 programs right now....ArtRage, Manga Studio 5, Photoshop CC and Sketchbook Pro 6.2.5. Hopefully that help you guys out, I'll notify when it's uploaded, or you can subscribe to my youtube channel. I'm trying to post one or two review videos every week as time permits.
I am anxious to see your video of this! And, thanks so much for taking the time. This will be very helpful info to me and many others. Thanks! :)

kozak79

To get sketchbook essentials, install sketchbook pro 7 trial. When it starts up, log in with your autodesk account on the splash screen, and it unlocks sketchbook essentials.

I did a quick overview of 4 programs I loved most, am thinking about doing one of each in full review but I don't really think it's necessary? Let me know what you guys think. If you have any suggestions on what programs or accessories you would like me to review, please send me a PM. For now, enjoy the video below, I made it as short as possible haha.

FlySwatter

I did a quick overview of 4 programs I loved most, am thinking about doing one of each in full review but I don't really think it's necessary? Let me know what you guys think. If you have any suggestions on what programs or accessories you would like me to review, please send me a PM. For now, enjoy the video below, I made it as short as possible haha.
Superlative! Thank you.

I did a quick overview of 4 programs I loved most,

Thanks for this, enjoyed it. I think I'll save my money on Art rage for now. I'm mainly a sketch artist so will stick to Sketchbook Essentials for the user interface while away from home and in a rush and Manga Studio for when I'm in calmer environments.

I love to hear your opinion on Black Ink if you ever try it. I've not tried it yet as I've only just got my Surface Pro and dont have the funds, but its on sale on steam for about £35 at the moment. Seems to have been on sale for a while, I'm guessing they are trying to build up their user base.

ctitanic

Excellent! What software did you use to record?

ctitanic - I used Pandicam to record screens.
I'll see if I can get BlackInk and try it out, never used it but am interested in it. I've tried to find a link to my channel, but where can I find it?

soulclaimed

best app I have found is graphiter, I have surface pro 4 i5 4gb and there is zero lag and it really does look and feel like sketching with pencil and paper I made a quick example and basic review video

henningtegen

Leonardo is a really good drawing program for the Surface Pro. It support pressure sensitivity, multi-touch, is super fast and the UI scale to any screen size so that it becomes easier to use with your stylus/fingers.

Full disclosure: I have developed Leonardo myself ;-)

interface-bird-color.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tiezhi

I love sketchbook pro by auto desk. It's a great program that can do pretty much anything you would ever need it to and works really well with the surface. I use it almost every day.

other programs that are great , Clip Studio Paint Pro (once known as Manga Studio 5 in the west) is your best bet, tons of tools, touch enabled interface, n-trig support, hdpi support and it makes even a Surface pro handle BIG files without a problem. If you download the program you can try all the features except for saving and they usually do sales every 3-4 months but the program itself is cheap priced to start with.

Medibang Paint is great too. Its basically a free clip studio paint .

I have the SurfaceBook 13.5" that I've been using for school, light gaming, and drawing casually on Ps - and I've found it to be enjoyable for the most part.

I also have a XP-Pen Screen Tablet Drawing for professionally . There are advantages to XP-Pen's offers (like the Artist 12 Pro) for professionals, and that is the digitizer itself. the pen is comfortable by drawing on the glossy screen directly .