What's new

Best MicroSD Surface Pro 4

Revolution

I'm looking for a fast 128Gb MicroSD with the best bang for bucks.

I came out on the Lexar Professional SDXC UHS-II U3 1000x 128GB but does the sp4 have a UHC-ii class 3 compatible cardreader?

if this is not the case the Kingston Ultimate SDXC UHS-I 128GB looks quite good.
Any help and suggestions are welcome.

thanks

Last edited:

Afy

I haven't used either one. Though I have had good luck with SanDisk and Samsung in general. I currently have a SanDisk 128 GB in my Surface Pro 1, and have had zero issues.
Will probably get a SanDisk 200 GB for the Surface 4 at some point.

Terb

Had read many different threads here about which SD card is best. Myself I was having NO luck getting SanDisk to pick up, ending up getting a Samsung 128GB SD card. Loaded perfectly & had zero issues with it.

OP
R

Revolution

But where can i check if the SP4 has a UHS-II class 3 compatible card reader? Because of the speed in preffer the Lexar Professionel 1000x

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to point out that these are full size SD cards not micro SD cards so they will not fit in the SP4s micro SD card slot.

Note also the Lexar products advertise high *Read* speed but their write speed is slow.

OP
R

Revolution

OK, found jt. Buying a UHS-II is pointless since the SP4 hase a microSD card reader wich supports up to UHS-I speeds.

bradl79

i was looking at the lexar 1000x 128gb also, but i think the write speeds were pretty bad, i think like 15 or 20, if it had atleast the 100 read and 80 or even 40 write, i would get one. i can't find a good 128gb with good write speeds

bradl79

I use the 200GB SanDisk and it works absoluteky fine with the SP4.

what do u use urs for, i am using it as a main storage, nothing big like photo editing or anything, but keeping pics, docs, files and downloads, unzipping big files and so forth, do u get pretty good read/write speeds, thank u