What's new

Best mouse for Surface 2?

Dave T.

Hey guys,

I will be getting my Type Cover 2 on Tuesday (hopefully). In the meantime, I was playing with one at BB. While I think the touch pad is OK... I'm thinking that a real mouse might be better... especially for the wife. She has arthritis in here hands, and she has better luck with a mouse than she does with the pad on my laptop.

Anyhow, anybody have any opinions on the MS Arc Touch Mouse or the Wedge Touch products? Maybe there is a better mouse?

TIA

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use the Microsoft Wedge Mouse - Surface Edition but only because it is Bluetooth 4 and very portable, it isn't super comfortable though....

kristalsoldier

I had a non-Surface Wedge Mouse, which broke and since then I have been getting used to using my fingers. This works well on the Modern UI space, but is quite a problem in the desktop space. I am contemplating a mouse too and am thinking about the Arc.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I had a non-Surface Wedge Mouse, which broke and since then I have been getting used to using my fingers. This works well on the Modern UI space, but is quite a problem in the desktop space. I am contemplating a mouse too and am thinking about the Arc.

The Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition is Bluetooth as well and a good choice, I had the original and found it caused some discomfort over the course of the work day. I like the Track Pad but right clicking takes some practice.

oion

mtalinm

I have the wedge mouse and hate it. Too awkward, no back button - I don' even use it when I travel.

There are plenty of Bluetooth mice; I use one that has a blue Windows button on the side. Also there is a press-able scroll wheel which can be mapped to a 'back' button.

CrippsCorner

mtalinm are you using the Sculpt Comfort Mouse?

microsoft-wireless-sculpt-h3s00005-comfort-mouse3.jpg

I have tested many, many mice over the years... most of them Microsoft. I'm extremely sensitive to changes and most have annoying niggles. However after initially not liking it, I've really come around to this mouse, I think it's great. Certainly not perfect, but until they bring out a bluetooth version of the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (the best mouse ever!) I guess it'll have to do :)

OP
D

Dave T.

Thanks folks. Excellent input. I appreciate it.

I'll take a look at that Comfort Mouse.

oion,

That info on the arthritis will come in particularly handy for the wife. It's sometimes very difficult for her to do anything with her hands.

EddySnoozah

I bought a Logitech M187 mini mouse and I use it a lot, it's really handy - the USB key is small and it also works fine when I have a 4-way USB hub plugged into the USB port. The touchpad is ok, but the mouse is definitely best for things like cutting and pasting text and links etc

justinhowe

Love the arc mouse surface edition. Doesn't require the USB port to used, and the mouse snaps flat when not in use. Great for travel and feels great to use. I have big hands too, so I was surprised at the comfort.

stlewis

I have been using the various versions of the Logitech Wireless Trackball - M570 is the latest. I don't have that one but the Compatibility page says it works with RT. Trackballs are great if you have arm or wrist problems.

Last edited: