What's new

Best Music App - Not Xbox

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

I use Xbox music to play my own tunes loaded on my sd, I did try MM8 based on the feedback here and def easier to access everything. I do have a quest....is it me or does the album art not fit in the snapped screen on MM8. is there a setting I am missing....no big deal I can live with this but just checking.

Sorry, never bothered with Album Art - I am not into that sort of thing. But I think it should be possible. I'll look around and post here if I have any info on that.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

I started an X-box music pass when I got my RT. I'm haven't been taking full advantage of it. One nice thing though is all my music directly streamed to my new Windows Phone once I put my MS account on it. I didn't have to manually load any of it.

I did think about this Xbox Pass, but then passed in it....:D Don't want another monthly/ yearly payment following me around. And, anyways, I like older music - not fashionable nowadays - so I don't expect it to be on Xbox etc. Of course, I could be wrong there not having tried it an all...

tonyz3

what I meant was using MM8 from music on my SD card it auto maticvally pulls the album art on the screen but when it is snapped the art is cut off on both sides. I was curious if anyone else has this issue. no need to research anything. Thx.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
I did think about this Xbox Pass, but then passed in it....:D Don't want another monthly/ yearly payment following me around. And, anyways, I like older music - not fashionable nowadays - so I don't expect it to be on Xbox etc. Of course, I could be wrong there not having tried it an all...
Xbox Music has a nice selection of Music available - old stuff and modern things (except beatles) and althoug it's not on par with itunes, it closer to this than spotify.

bosamar

anyways, I like older music - not fashionable nowadays - so I don't expect it to be on Xbox etc. Of course, I could be wrong there not having tried it an all...
The majority of my collection is 60s thru early 80s. There is plenty of that there. I believe they offer a free trial.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

About xbox...there are three things I don't like. First, unless I am doing something wrong, it attempted to match my music in the cloud. I don't need that feature. I don't want cloud streamed music. Secondly, there were those ads - between songs. I don't mind ads showing in the app while the song is playing, but between songs is not cool - in my books. Don't get me wrong - I understand the needs for adverts etc. just not that way. And, third, I am not into that subscription model for music. All I want is a music playing app...no suggestions to listen to Rihanna or whoever, if you know what I mean!

Btw, I also could not get comfortable with Nokia Music. In this regard, Android is cool - I have DoubleTwist on my phone, which is excellent (even the free version).