What's new

Best Remote Desktop App for SP3

Grooves

In our company we use VNC server on the clients and RDP for our Windows servers.
On my SP3 I use mRemoteNG, a program capable of connecting to RDP,VNC,SSH,Telenet,HTTP,HTTPS, etc... And you can build up a tree of machines to connect to.
The resulting config file with all my remote connections is simple XML that I have put on OneDrive so every change I make is replicated to my other workstations.;):cool:

Maximus3D

I'm also a TeamViewer user and it works better than the other solutions i tested. It's fast, solid and works pretty flawlessly so far.

/ Magnus

ajamils

I like the official remote desktop app, but it always logs off the PC when I disconnect from it - often, I want to leave it logged in. Any way to change this?
Did you ever find the solution for this? I'm having the exact same issue. Every time I disconnect SP3, it logs me off from my work PC causing all the running programs to close.

Liam2349

Did you ever find the solution for this? I'm having the exact same issue. Every time I disconnect SP3, it logs me off from my work PC causing all the running programs to close.

Unfortunately not - I think it's actually a mandatory 'feature' of the app.

ajamils

Unfortunately not - I think it's actually a mandatory 'feature' of the app.
That can't be true as I connect to my phone computer with remote desktop and same thing does not happen there.

For time being I'm using Team Viewer and Chrome remote desktop to connect to work computer.