What's new

Bestbuy Surface Pro 128 (Factory Refurb) only $699!

mitchellvii

Stopped by my local BestBuy today and saw they had a factory refurb Surface Pro 128 on sale (promising complete factory refresh and zero damage in a new sealed box) for only $699.

I don't know how you feel about factory refurbs. In some cases they can be better than new since the factory has given them a full quality check, especially of there are no physical defects, but $300 off sticker is pretty compelling. Don't know if this was a one off, one store only deal but you might want to check your local stores and see if these are starting to slip into the pipeline. You have 14 days to return it if there is a problem.

Just a heads up.

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I always buy refurbs. same warranty, whata's not to like?

If I didn't already own one I would have bought this in a second. This is the first Surface Pro Refurb I have seen. Maybe this means they are getting into the pipeline. The key is to get a factory refurb, not just used.

Last edited:

malberttoo

I always buy refurbs. same warranty, whata's not to like?

Same here, depending on the brand, and what warranty comes with it.

I've bought some "refurbed" Dell servers a time or two, came with outstanding warranties, and the insides were like brand new!

I'd definitely be willing to give a refurb Surface Pro a try.

Russ

This is the first Surface Pro Refurb I have seen. Maybe this means they are getting into the pipeline. The key is to get a factory refurb, not just used.

Mitchell --

I think "refurb" may be something of an overdescription here. We normally think of "refurb" as having some hardware aspect involved, and the Surface really doesn't lend itself to that. My guess would be that these are returned units that have been fully tested by MS, so they are willing to offer the warranty.

You're right, though, it is a very attractive price. They probably won't last long.

Regards,
Russ

malberttoo

Mitchell --

I think "refurb" may be something of an overdescription here. We normally think of "refurb" as having some hardware aspect involved, and the Surface really doesn't lend itself to that. My guess would be that these are returned units that have been fully tested by MS, so they are willing to offer the warranty.

You're right, though, it is a very attractive price. They probably won't last long.

Regards,
Russ

Good point. In this case, I bet the hardware was never an issue at all.

tonyz3

yep probably returned for the kickstand...............:LOL:it was like a slow pitch softball and i had to hit it......

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

yep probably returned for the kickstand...............:LOL:it was like a slow pitch softball and i had to hit it......

Actually the box said, "Returned due Microsoft arrogance and stupidity", so same thing.

Sorry for throwing you out at home plate like that...:cool2:

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Mitchell --

Regards,
Russ

Yes, that's my guess as well, probably a returned unit. Since this is in the BestBuy supply chain that means it was probably used for less than 14 days. Really an amazing price. Wish they had had this when I was shopping.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Also looked at the new Acer R7 today with the funny hinge. Really cool concept. Amazed they would release a new laptop a month before Haswell. I mean, c'mon. Still would like to see more of that. Not really a tablet for carrying around the warehouse while you take notes (no pen) but a very cool device for non-pen, works as a tablet although it's really big crowd.

If someone puts out something with this design with a Haswell, SSD and pen I would be very tempted.

Last edited:
I just called my local Best Buy. They say they wouldn't sell a refurbished Surface Pro in the story. If they did, it would be sold on their website. I don't see any online. I'm definitely interested in getting a refurb; I've been saving up for a new one.