What's new

Better have GPS in the next SP4pro.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
But the Surface Devices are on track to be a $1 Billion Business for Microsoft....not to shabby

People who need that level of location services can use the S3 with LTE.

OP
S

starstreak

Nah, two different things all together. I hope I'm all for having cellular connection, I can see that adding to the overall cost. The GPS can be a feature for the device without involving carriers.

But the Surface Devices are on track to be a $1 Billion Business for Microsoft....not to shabby

People who need that level of location services can use the S3 with LTE.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, two different things all together. I hope I'm all for having cellular connection, I can see that adding to the overall cost. The GPS can be a feature for the device without involving carriers.
I understand your "want" but what I'm relaying that what I wrote above is currently the Surface Team's position...the same goes for NFC functionality....

OP
S

starstreak

NFC I could understand. The unit has BT and would do the same function as NFC. Unless you're talking about NFC charging. But that would require a whole other design for the surface.
Yes it's a "want". Wait. Sorry, I missed the earlier comment you made. What part was Surface's team position on? The whole LTE thing? Isn't that only on the Surface 3 and not the Pro?

I understand your "want" but what I'm relaying that what I wrote above is currently the Surface Team's position...the same goes for NFC functionality....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
NFC I could understand. The unit has BT and would do the same function as NFC. Unless you're talking about NFC charging. But that would require a whole other design for the surface.
Yes it's a "want". Wait. Sorry, I missed the earlier comment you made. What part was Surface's team position on? The whole LTE thing? Isn't that only on the Surface 3 and not the Pro?
Yes, every conversation that the team has done points LTE on fatness models... what that might mean if we see a Core M is yet to be seen....