What's new

Beware of Andy

madtablet

I installed Andy the android emulator last night. Fan went into 4th gear and I decided to quit the application and put the SP3 (i5) to sleep.

Woke up this morning, fan blowing like superman extinguishing fire and sounding like a jet engine. Not only was the SP3 hot as hell but so was everything underneath it. Immediately uninstalled Andy, rebooted and then shut down. Hopefully no more problems.

Billy64

Yes I removed Andy too. Now I use Bluestacks which is working perfectly fine on SP3. (I think they improved the version because it was not so good a couple of months ago)

enthuz

Yes I removed Andy too. Now I use Bluestacks which is working perfectly fine on SP3. (I think they improved the version because it was not so good a couple of months ago)

If that is true can you (or anyone with it) compare it with the latest version of DuoOS?

kundas1

I was also using DuOS and it ran very good, just didn't use android enough to justify paying the $10 after the trial period...

enthuz

I ask, because I tried Bluestacks awhile ago, but it possessed my setup, so I had to exorcise it immediately. If Bluestacks is much more stable now, then like @kundas1 stated, it would eliminate the need to pay the fee.

bluegrass

Kicked Android & the Google clan out of my house a couple years ago and I sure wouldn't want to invite them back. I think the only thing Google is good for is searching for something.

Billy64

I ask, because I tried Bluestacks awhile ago, but it possessed my setup, so I had to exorcise it immediately. If Bluestacks is much more stable now, then like @kundas1 stated, it would eliminate the need to pay the fee.
But the problem is that Bluestacks is not free anymore .... 24$/year Except if you accept to download commercial... .
Finally I paid because it works well, I daily use Ultimate Guitar, Google Books, and often Alpinequest Android apps