What's new

Bezel Separation

pcreyn319

surface.jpeg

ctitanic

Like you said, this is a anomaly. If you are not happy or concern you should call Microsoft Support and ask for an exchange. I would do it if mine reached these levels. The last thing that you want is to be using a product which does not make you happy and proud every time you use it.

implode99

It happened to mine . Same spot . I replaced it two weeks ago. I dont know why anyone would buy a Surface without the microsoft extended warranty.

grumpy

Sure this is an anomaly. Most of the units should be good..
If your unit is still within the exchange period, I would recommend exchanging where you purchased it rather than going through Microsoft - unless you really want to play a round of refurbished roulette...

ctitanic

It happened to mine . Same spot . I replaced it two weeks ago. I dont know why anyone would buy a Surface without the microsoft extended warranty.
This type of issues are covered by the regular warranty I believe so there is not need for an extended one.

I never have experience screen separation on my unit, then again, I wasn't really looking. Probably a good thing as I probably would have noticed that there was screen separation and that would have been a huge annoyance with me. I wonder if the SP3 is prone to screen issues. I remember reading either on this forum or another about huge yellow lines running down the left hand side of the screen. The person had to replace their unit 6 times at best buy. When they went back one final time, they checked all the display units in the store and all had the same issue. I really wish Microsoft would take care of issues like this. I mean, we're staring at the screen of these devices the most, I think the most care should be put into that aspect.

ctitanic

The person had to replace their unit 6 times at best buy. When they went back one final time, they checked all the display units in the store and all had the same issue. I really wish Microsoft would take care of issues like this. I mean, we're staring at the screen of these devices the most, I think the most care should be put into that aspect.

May be that Best Buy got a defective batch or a batch that got damaged in some way and same way during transportation.

The bottom line is that nobody should be keeping a device if it's damaged in any way.

Yes, Agree. I think it's stupidity (generally speaking) to keep any damaged or broken item. Either way, everyone check your screens for discoloration. Might be too late for the early adopters to exchange within the 30 day window.

ctitanic

Yes, Agree. I think it's stupidity (generally speaking) to keep any damaged or broken item. Either way, everyone check your screens for discoloration. Might be too late for the early adopters to exchange within the 30 day window.
If the product is damaged MS has to fix it or replace it. You have 1 year warranty for that.