What's new

Big scratches on my outer Surface casing. Possible fixes?

tonyz3

I have a set from Stickerboy on the way to me. one for my wifes RT and one for my Pro. I got the brushed metal version- jet black. I had the brushed metal on a previous device and it was top notch. I was very impressed with their quality in the past. I also grabbed the added skin to apply on the type cover- they claim it sticks with no issues. we'll see. I will report back. I am hoping bc I am located in the same state and they gave me a free upgrade to priority shipping leaving today - hopefully I will have it tomorrow or Sat.

Last edited:

souldier

Take some pictures when you get it and post them here :). I am really curious how the skin for the type cover will turn out especially since it has a somewhat furry material

ballers

I had to cover my scratches on the back stand of the RT. Not sure how it got there. The matte paint looks nice but scratches. Post some pictures Tonyz3 , especially the bottom of the keyboard. I asked as well about that. They said it stays on. I thinks it's a great idea rather than shaving the felt off, after a few months the you may see the circuit board under the keyboard :crazy:

tonyz3

will do...Update So I received my sticker boy - skin a little less than 24 hours after ordering. I ordered the full body but will not use the bezel skin. I also got the skin for the type cover. Yes it does stick just as well as the skin on the tablet. First let me say once again the quality is unbelievable. I was a little resistant to putting on a skin bc I love the feel and look of the vapor back but I also wanted protection. I am not regretting putting it on. I am still on the fence with the skin on the type cover I am not sure it if I prefer the type cover feel but the skin looks good and won't peel off on its own. I chose the black brushed metal and it looks very good in person not sure of the pix show it or not. I do recommend it to those on the fence.

Last edited:

tonyz3

sorry treid to upload images but not working in IE. I tried from skydrive, my desktop and photobucket, just keeps loading the circle in upper rt corner on forum dashboard. You'll have to take my word for it, the skin is nice.:mad:

bosamar

sorry treid to upload images but not working in IE. I tried from skydrive, my desktop and photobucket, just keeps loading the circle in upper rt corner on forum dashboard. You'll have to take my word for it, the skin is nice.:mad:
\Load it from the Desktop in compatibility mode.

tonyz3

WP_20130302_001.jpgWP_20130302_003.jpgWP_20130302_005.jpgWP_20130302_004.jpgwell that worked. thx bosamar. :shocked:

J515OP

Super Moderator
I like very much but will wait until my surface gets beat up and then will give it a face lift :D

souldier

hey Tony what does the skin feel like? Is it more matte/smooth or grippy? How about finger prints? Any comments on heat? Seems cool but I can't imagine covering the beautiful, smooth vapor mag.