What's new

Big scratches on my outer Surface casing. Possible fixes?

tonyz3

hey Tony what does the skin feel like? Is it more matte/smooth or grippy? How about finger prints? Any comments on heat? Seems cool but I can't imagine covering the beautiful, smooth vapor mag.
It ref is not smooth. More matte has a texture from the design but feels good in hand. I loved the vapor finish but I don't regret putting this on. Looks great. I sell my stuff and want it to look pristine down the road. Also, I have not noticed any heat issues since using this for 3 days.

Last edited:

souldier

Could you explain the texture again? Couldn't quite make up what you were saying. Any negative impressions so far?

tonyz3

Sorry I guess the spell checker got the best of me. Texture is matte finish from the brushed metal design, does not show fingerprints. The side pieces are easy to put on because they are cut to form around the surface. Kind of look like a hockey stick on the paper when you get them, but if you start them from the cut outs and buttons they are easy to get on correctly, I did put a low heat hairdryer on it to get the whole tablet to set up faster after applying all of them, but I didn't think that was even necessary. Not one negative impression. And sorry no video from me, there was a video link from the email that came with shipping. www.youtube.com/wutsabii it is for a phone but you get the idea. Also it doesn't look like it in my pictures but the color is identical to the vapormag. Jet black brushed metal.

Last edited:

ballers

very nice Tony z3. How is the bottom of the keyboard? Did it stay fastened? I think the bottom is a great idea for me, since I'm like a blonde and always spill coffee on my desk. At least all of the beverage will not absorb into the felt.

tonyz3

The piece on the type cover stick fine. I still think I prefer the feel of it without the skin on the cover. For now it is going to stay on.

ymzkala

Other Skins

It's a designed skin from Decal girl. I think it's well worth it if you like having a design on it. For $20 bucks, I don't think it's bad at all. Rather have the skin scratched than the device.

I have the same issue around my charging port, because the metal part of the charger is sharp it scratches the area around my charging port like crazy because it plugs in very snug (impossible to plug it in without fiddling around and scratching the edges first).

I've had the surface pro for a week and the area around my charging port is severely scratched and/or the paint has peeled off.

The issue with the Decal girl skins is that they don't appear to cover the sides of the tablet which is my main worry (I have a case so I don't worry about the back of the tablet). Other skin websites will have skins that cover the sides, I just ordered a clear skin from bestskinsever but I don't know how good they are. There are a bunch of other sites too, slightly more expensive than 20 bucks but really worth it.