What's new

Bit Locker?

bradl79

is it safe to turn off bit locker on SP4, so if i want to do a system image recovery, i wont have issues with the recovery key?

leeshor

It's almost as if you had 2 questions. It it safe to turn it off, your choice, it won't harm anything. As for the image, if you use Acronis or Macrium for imaging there is no need to turn it off. Do you know/have your key?

OP
B

bradl79

yes i do have my key, if i use the windows version to create a system image, would i still need the key if i need to do a restore of windows system image if i have bitlocker off

OP
B

bradl79

lol thank u leeshor, i am just not used to having a device where i cant change things out if i need, like changing out the ssd or installing a custom OS without the possibility of not fing thing up

OP
B

bradl79

It's almost as if you had 2 questions. It it safe to turn it off, your choice, it won't harm anything. As for the image, if you use Acronis or Macrium for imaging there is no need to turn it off. Do you know/have your key?

to use macrium, how can i boot to usb, i made a recovery drive and it works on my latop but i can't boot to macrium recovery drive on sp4, thank u