What's new

Bitlocker

puma

Anyone using this notice a lag of any kind? I read somewhere this comes on by default but mine was not enabled.

malberttoo

Hmm, I believe it is enabled by default due to Connected Standby. It was mentioned on a thread recently.

Anyways I have had no lag of any kind on my SP3.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone using this notice a lag of any kind? I read somewhere this comes on by default but mine was not enabled.
If Bitlocker wasn't enabled on your machine then I would be concerned with your device. As it should be enabled OOB as it is a requirement for CS.

There should be no noticeable lag with Bitlocker enabled.

OP
P

puma

When you say should be turned on, you mean the drive should be encrypted and have the lock icon on it? Mine did not. This is my second pro 3 since I had to return the first one. The first one also did not have bitlocker active.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Disk should look like this....
upload_2014-7-15_19-51-28.png

And if you look at the all items in the Control Panel...Bitlocker....it should look like this:

upload_2014-7-15_19-52-51.png

The padlocks are unlocked when you are logged in, but the system is locked during S0iX, S4 (Hibernation) and S5 (Powered Off)....

malberttoo

Mine looks like Jeff's screenshots.

Super odd that you got 2 machines from BB, and they both had BitLocker disabled!

OP
P

puma

Both from Best buy, closed boxes, and they looked brand new no tamper, everything was sealed. Also two different best buy locations.Mind you I had been through 3 sp2's and it was the same deal.
Where is your recovery key if they already have it on;)??

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
SP2 weren't Bitlockered OOB as they were not CS Enabled Machines. On any personal machine your Bitlocker Recovery Key is stored on your OneDrive in a Encrypted Hidden Section available here:

https://onedrive.live.com/recoverykey

If the machine is joined to an Active Directory Domain it will migrate the Recovery Key to be stored as an AD Object associated to the Computer Object.