What's new

Blackberry is almost dead

Spaniard

Bleak BlackBerry Q2 results highlight nearly $1 billion in unsold Z10 phones | The Verge
BlackBerry loses a billion dollars in three months, blames it on failed Z10

The future is Android, Windows Phone and iPhone.
blackberry.png

D

Deleted member 10837

Of course you can tell from its stock dropping from $80 to $8.

OP
Spaniard

Spaniard

ChemCat

Haha. My brother's company has been using the blackberry since day 1. They just informed everyone they are migrating over to android. By the way, his company is the largest insurance company in the Midwest. Major corporations are jumping ship. No future for the blackberry.

annabanana

BlackBerry is far from dead. This awesome new phone was released today. http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-passport.html
They aren't targeting the Apple crowd and consumers, this is aimed at a niche market of professionals.
I was reading the thread about Windows bashing, I haven't followed news about Windows phones and devices until recently, but BlackBerry has taken a beating from the US media for a few years now. most Americans don't even know about the new BlackBerry 10 OS and phones. When they hear BlackBerry it conjures up memories of the old devices. The new BB 10 phones are more innovative then the current iOS phones by far (in my opinion as an admitted fangirl), but no one knows about them but us BlackBerry diehards.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
BlackBerry is far from dead. This awesome new phone was released today. http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-passport.html
They aren't targeting the Apple crowd and consumers, this is aimed at a niche market of professionals.
I was reading the thread about Windows bashing, I haven't followed news about Windows phones and devices until recently, but BlackBerry has taken a beating from the US media for a few years now. most Americans don't even know about the new BlackBerry 10 OS and phones. When they hear BlackBerry it conjures up memories of the old devices. The new BB 10 phones are more innovative then the current iOS phones by far (in my opinion as an admitted fangirl), but no one knows about them but us BlackBerry diehards.
Success relies not on only technical ability timing and marketing skill are just as important aka execution. Plenty of technically superior computing devices have left dotted trails and littered the landscape. Gartner's blind squirrel got this one right. However the Gartner Forecast is miles off course and is itself a shipwreck.

kundas1

so let me guess you were one of those peeps that bought the BB PlayBook... had me 2 of those till BB abandoned us.. wasn't pretty to say the least

annabanana

Lol, yes indeed. I still have 2 PlayBooks and they still run fine and work well for some things. like HDMI out to TV. One of them I use every day, but since I got the Surface Pro 3, I use them much less.
The new Passport device is off to a good start with both Amazon and Shop BlackBerry USA sold out, and BlackBerrry's earnings report beat market expectations The new CEO John Chen is a proven master of turnarounds and is moving the company in a positive direction now.