What's new

Blue screen with white spinning circle

wynand32

Lately, I've been running into a new (for me) issue. I'll put my SP4 to sleep, and then what I wake it up (from sleep or hibernate, as far as I can tell) there will be a blue screen with a spinning white-dotted circle. I can hold down the power button, get the swipe to shut down, but it simply returns to the same blue screen.

The only way to resolve it is to hard (2-button) reset it at least one time and sometimes multiple times. Anybody else seen this, and have you found a resolution for it?

bluegrass

I find that I don't have any problems like that by changing a power options setting to "never sleep" when I'm plugged in (which is 90% of the time). While your in power options, you might also want to change the setting so that closing the lid (keyboard) does nothing.

OP
wynand32

wynand32

I find that I don't have any problems like that by changing a power options setting to "never sleep" when I'm plugged in (which is 90% of the time). While your in power options, you might also want to change the setting so that closing the lid (keyboard) does nothing.

Unfortunately, this is happening on battery as well.

Cuhulin

I am having the same problem. I think it is connected to the fact that Explorer sometimes cannot find my desktop. I have been an MS and surface loyalist, but I am about to dump it all.

SurfaceGk

I've been having a similar issue. MS is sending me a new SP4 bc they believe it's a hard drive failure. After they fixed all the issues in the recent update, I was getting along pretty well. Now I have lost all confidence in the device.