What's new

Bluestacks

gabsi55

I don`t have the surface since I´m from europe..
has anyone actually tried the new androidx86 4.4 release with the surface?

Having tried Andy some more last night I managed to get it to idle at around 30-50% CPU load while still getting the same performance in my benchmark tests. I could not get all of my games to work however. Horn and Great Big War Game, would not work. Only one that is so far is Anomoly 2.
I think I'm going to try and run Android x86 off of a bootable USB 3 stick next. Need to order one first though.

VickiFL

I just downloaded BlueStacks, and I'm not sure I like it. I agree with others, it's sluggish, and does not always seem stable. I may end up uninstalling it.

Liam2349

Honestly, I hate bluestacks. Every time I've installed it, it has caused problems on my PCs - it also runs pretty hot on SP3.

VickiFL

I just uninstalled it. It was driving me nuts! Sluggish and made my SP3 i3 run hot, and I thought that was unheard of!

Chuck_IV

Agreed on DuOS. Seems pretty good so far. I tried BlueStacks but I didn't like it all that well. It was a bit flaky.

Hollywould

Agreed 100% on DuOS. Was able to transfer all the apps I had on my Asus Transformer tablet, and it works great for playing android games and downloading Video Podcasts. I feel like I have a full android tablet and a Windows machine all in one. It does get pretty warm if I use it for a while though.

Chuck_IV

Agreed 100% on DuOS. Was able to transfer all the apps I had on my Asus Transformer tablet, and it works great for playing android games and downloading Video Podcasts. I feel like I have a full android tablet and a Windows machine all in one. It does get pretty warm if I use it for a while though.
I can't go that far and say DuOS was great for playing Android games. One of the games I like to play on my phone(Samsung Note 2) is Order and Chaos. I tried playing it through DuOS and it was a choppy mess. I also tried Temple Run 2 and while it was ok, it didn't seem as fluid.

Hollywould

I can't go that far and say DuOS was great for playing Android games. One of the games I like to play on my phone(Samsung Note 2) is Order and Chaos. I tried playing it through DuOS and it was a choppy mess. I also tried Temple Run 2 and while it was ok, it didn't seem as fluid.
I play mostly Words With Friends and Draw Something. Not very graphically intensive games. Plus I haven't found a native podcatcher on Windows 8 that works as well as Beyond Pod.