What's new

Bluetooth Audio

mdfire

Anyone else tried bluetooth audio on the Surface RT. I have bluetooth speaker which sounds great when paired to my first gen iPad and Galaxy S3. It sounds absolutely awful when paired to the surface :mad: I actually bought it because the speaker volume on the surface is so poor

J515OP

Super Moderator
The speaker volume fixed with an update and I much better. Have you done all the updates? Many people are having no sound issues with Bluetooth speakers. If your Surface is having multiple issues you may want to consider a refresh.

compnovo

Anyone else tried bluetooth audio on the Surface RT. I have bluetooth speaker which sounds great when paired to my first gen iPad and Galaxy S3. It sounds absolutely awful when paired to the surface :mad: I actually bought it because the speaker volume on the surface is so poor

I've got two Bluetooth speakers...
Spider Multifunction Bluetooth Speaker, Black E-PTSK-BK03 - Newegg.com
Spracht Aura BluNote Portable Wireless Speaker System with Bluetooth A2DP Stream Music Wirelessly (WS-4010) - Newegg.com
...and they both sound very good paired with my RT, with higher volume and more bass. Excellent for Netflix movies, satisfactory with music. BTW, the Spider actually sounds the best (you wouldn't guess by looking at it) and is the most portable, but it's more finicky when pairing.

Last edited:

tonyz3

Also have you made these adj yet. Swipe to charms in search , type sound, choose settings, pick sound, pick you surface speaker, properties, enhancements, check off bass boost and virtual surround, save.

OP
M

mdfire

Thanks for responses. Resolved.

In sound settings there were two choices to send sound to - Bluetooth speaker (which it was intended for phone calls) and headset which permitted 2 channel CD quality sound. Default was set to the speaker. Changing to the Headset sorted it out. -:)