What's new

Bluetooth Buttons

dna

hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to add external buttons to a surface?

Basically I want to use the surface in 'tablet mode' but still have buttons for ALT, SHIFT and CTRL. Maybe on the back of the device.

On screen keys dont work well for me -
too slow. I end up having to click them with the pen as the other hand is used to hold the device.

There are buttons available for android and iOS but I couldn't find any for a tablet. Maybe someone here has an idea.

Thanks

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I think your best option is a keyboard. You have lots of options other than the Microsoft keyboard.

OP
D

dna

Hi leeshor,

thanks for the quick reply. I feared so - this is kind of a deal breaker for me. I tried it with just the pen, but you have to put it on a desk with a keyboard to work efficiently.

Means I have too look into the overpriced wacom companion because of a few buttons. :(

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't find anything specific for reference can you point out a button device for ipad or Android? Are they Bluetooth devices?

Perhaps you can add gestures that would work for you with TouchMe Gesture Studio or add hotkeys.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi leeshor,

thanks for the quick reply. I feared so - this is kind of a deal breaker for me. I tried it with just the pen, but you have to put it on a desk with a keyboard to work efficiently.

Means I have too look into the overpriced wacom companion because of a few buttons. :(
I'm going to assume this is for Drawing/Art Applications, if correct - there are toolbar creators specifically for this use case, we have a couple of threads about it....

ybahman

TouchMe is designed for this kind of stuff :)

But besides that... you mentioned there're buttons for Android. Can you link to them? There may be drivers for windows?