What's new

Bluetooth file exchange between Android phone and PC

jott27

I have managed to get my Samsung Galaxy S3 and my Surface Pro6 paired. Now that I have done this I am lost what to do next. What App would I need to share/transfer Files and Photos. Do appropriate Apps have to be installed on both devices ? What available Apps ? What dialogs are needed to share or transfer files?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Best solution: The OneDrive app for Android is excellent at file sharing, because it keeps files in sync between your Windows 10 PC and the phone, even without Bluetooth.

Plus, you can set it to sync your Camera Roll with your computer, meaning that any photos you take with your phone will magically appear on your PC in your …/OneDrive/Pictures/Camera Roll folder.

Download OneDrive app for your smartphone.

Fast-T

Get OneDrive for cloud sync or Samsung Flow for direct file transfer. Samsung Flow is kinda confusing though.
I use camera upload in the OneDrive app to sync all pictures from my phone to the PC.

Samsungs files app allows onedrive I integration to access all OneDrive files and local files from one app.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

OP
jott27

jott27

Best solution: The OneDrive app for Android is excellent at file sharing, because it keeps files in sync between your Windows 10 PC and the phone, even without Bluetooth.

Plus, you can set it to sync your Camera Roll with your computer, meaning that any photos you take with your phone will magically appear on your PC in your …/OneDrive/Pictures/Camera Roll folder.

Download OneDrive app for your smartphone.
I am in the dinasaur class, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 and does not support OneDrive. Maybe it's time to apgrade to something newer.

Fast-T

I am sure the Smithsonian would love to get your phone :)

If Onedrive does not run on your phone I think you may want to upgrade.

If you get it running, after login you go to settings and turn on camera upload. Make sure you select the camera folders only, otherwise all pictures residing on you phone will appear on your PC.

In the MS photo app on your surface you want to check if Onedrive photos is enabled. It is by default and so, after a while all of your pictures will make it onto your PC.
caa30f71a3af47b9b48e9f703515f335.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk