What's new

Bluetooth Headphones on the Surface

mwsvette

I use a pair of Harmon Kardon BT's. Picked them up on ebay from the Harmon Kardon store refurbished with one year warranty for $99.00 free shipping.

They sound pretty good, come with microphone and have good battery life. They fold flat with case and fit in the bag I carry my SP2.

kundas1

^^^ when recommending something to fellow peeps, always a good idea to include a link to the product your endorsing so that we can see what you're talking about. ;)

benjitek

What about the Plantronics Voyager EDGE?
I got the Voyager Edge -- you should take a look at the user forum at the Plantronics site before making your decision on those. One -- it's not stereo, it's primarily for phone use even though it will stream other audio -- it's just in one ear. Two -- it's a lemon, I'm on my 5th one, keeps breaking -- stops accepting a charge, etc. Phone call audio stutters. Check their forums, I wish I had.

benjitek

It might be my connection is not as fast as yours; however, be cautions about saying "it'll be fine". I have issues with wIFl when my headphones are on. My speed tests fall drastically when the headphones are on.
What is your connection speed? What is it when Bluetooth is turned off vs. when it is turned on?

OP
A

Alexander

Works like a charm with the BT headphones out of the picture. And I have done this on two different surfaces. I don't know if it can be taken for granted that cutting WIFI speeds in half is feasible for everyone.

HvT

I got the Voyager Edge -- you should take a look at the user forum at the Plantronics site before making your decision on those. One -- it's not stereo, it's primarily for phone use even though it will stream other audio -- it's just in one ear. Two -- it's a lemon, I'm on my 5th one, keeps breaking -- stops accepting a charge, etc. Phone call audio stutters. Check their forums, I wish I had.
hmm. seems like bad luck. Here they work for a couple of people, no issues. Can pair with 2 devices. Mono, not stereo, yes. But good for communication.

benjitek

hmm. seems like bad luck. Here they work for a couple of people, no issues. Can pair with 2 devices. Mono, not stereo, yes. But good for communication.
Ummm... no... as I said, read through the Voyager Edge user forums at the Plantronics website, you'll see luck has nothing to do with it -- thanks though.