What's new

Bluetooth Headphones

RogerB

I'm considering buying Wireless Bluetooth headphones for my SP3. Can someone explain the difference and advantages/disadvantages of Bluetooth 2.0 and 4.0.

Thanks.

RogerB

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I get the best performance from those that support Bluetooth 4.1 LE.....I have a pair of MPOW Cheetahs that work very well and run about $30USD from Amazon.

CrippsCorner

I'm considering this too... is there any lag with Bluetooth headphones? I shall be using them primarily for DJing so it kind of matters!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm considering this too... is there any lag with Bluetooth headphones? I shall be using them primarily for DJing so it kind of matters!
I think your use case may push wireless technology ;) Stick with high quality wired....

OP
RogerB

RogerB

So, given that Surface Pro 3 has Bluetooth v 4. Should I be buying headphones with v 4 also or would any version do?

Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So, given that Surface Pro 3 has Bluetooth v 4. Should I be buying headphones with v 4 also or would any version do?

Thanks.
Its backwards compatible but the .v 4 and later will have better performance and impact battery less...