What's new

Solved Bluetooth headset interference with mouse

jtrox02

Does the SP4 have an issue with more than one or two active Bluetooth devices? I've been using my SP4 with Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for a couple years. Just paired up a headset to make VOIP calls and the mouse becomes unresponsive. Any fixes for this other than buying a dongle for headset? Not even sure that will work and not interfere with onboard Bluetooth...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
There is no systematic flaw however ...

Unfortunately, Bluetooth does have interference problems, further complicated because it shares 2.4GHz with routers. So the interference may actually be from your router.

Some ideas to try:
1) Change router broadcast channel
2) Remove then re-pair Bluetooth devices in a different order than you added them before
3) Move physical location of your SP4. Sometimes even changing its position by a foot or so, or changing its angle will clear up interference.

OP
J

jtrox02

You may be on to something. Just moved my modem/router combo into same room as office so I could have a wired internet connection and my keyboard has been acting up. Occasionally missing the first second or two of keystrokes. It was either that or the latest Win10 big update. I'll check it out!

OP
J

jtrox02

I changed the router channel and it still had some issues. Nothing like completely losing the mouse again, but I would lose mouse clicks and keystrokes randomly and random headset static. I ended up hooking up wired keyboard and mouse I had around. Works great. I hope to get a chance to get Bluetooth working again, but right now it is most important my headset works flawlessly. I'll have to play with more Bluetooth fixes later