What's new

bluetooth issue

K4ot1K

I finally got my surface and love it! But I need to get it to talk to my RAZR XT890. Not just for file transfer but also to use my RAZR as a hotspot so I have mobile Internet on my surface.

bosamar

I take it you have enabled Bluetooth on your RT and tried to tether your RAZR via devices?

ArnoldC

Your mobile phone is at least on ICS, like my HTC One V, so for the first time doing a file tranfer via Bluetooth, go to the Desktop and bring up the Bluetooth icon, do right click and select Receive a file. On your mobile device, select photo, for example, and select Share, then select Bluetooth, when it finds the Surface RT, it will automatically initiate the pairing sequence and download the device driver. Once you complete it, doing a file transfer is so easy. As to tethering, I find WiFi tethering to be the best.

OP
K4ot1K

K4ot1K

Well, unfortunatly I found out that my phone is not supported by the Surface, so I cannot connect by BT, : (

OP
K4ot1K

K4ot1K

Bluetooth, I wanted to be able to transfer files easily over BT, also my phone allows me to use BT as a hotspot, this way I could get my Surface online anywhere. BTW, do you know where to add the sig block in the profile? I couldn't find where to add this.

ArnoldC

1. It does not want to pair with the instructions I posted above?
2. You can use WiFi tethering. In ICS it is under Wireless & networks > More > Portable hotspot & tethering > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot
3. Signature cn be added via Settings > My Settings > Edit Signature

OP
K4ot1K

K4ot1K

Thanx again for all the help and info! I have not tried wi-fi tethering, i was worried about security doing that, like someone else getting on my hotspot. As for the pairing, they can't see each other, so I looked up my phone on Microsofts compatability list and it says my phone is not compatible with the Surface.

ArnoldC

You can specify the security like WPA2 to prevent others from using the connection.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express