What's new

bluetooth killing wi-fi

CrippsCorner

My solution was to buy an Apple AirPort Express which creates a 5GHz network and connect this to my 2.4Ghz router... does the job perfectly!

As for the PS3 thing... it's literally only the Surface Pro that's got a shit chip in it unfortunately. The PS3 obviously has a better one (of course, more room inside) which doesn't create a conflict.

OP
F

f4f

As for the PS3 thing... it's literally only the Surface Pro that's got a shit chip in it unfortunately. The PS3 obviously has a better one (of course, more room inside) which doesn't create a conflict.

That's interesting especially considering the PS3 is four years older. Anyways, thanks for the tip. Just going to have to hold off on using my speakers to play streaming media until I can afford to upgrade my equipment. I was glad to find out my current setup is working the way it's supposed to even if it is creating a "traffic jam."

CrippsCorner

I just plugged a jack to RCA cable into my Hi-Fi amp whilst I was waiting for my AirPort Express to come... worked perfectly, I just hate cables!

Dane

I have the same issue with bluetooth when connected to a 2.4gz network. However, when I connect to a 5hz network, I consistently get dropouts, and "limited" connectivity.

Does anyone have any suggestions to avoid this?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have the same issue with bluetooth when connected to a 2.4gz network. However, when I connect to a 5hz network, I consistently get dropouts, and "limited" connectivity.

Does anyone have any suggestions to avoid this?

I usually see this when DHCP ACK is being mishandled, a couple of things to try...first is there a Firmware Update for your Router? Next, you can set a static IP address for your Surface ( I would use the Alternate Configuration Tab personally).

• Right Click on the WiFi Icon in the Network Connections Control Panel
  • Double Click TCP/IPv4
  • Select Alternative Configuration Tab
  • Set the IP Address to the next address outside of your Router DHCP Scope (Most Routers have 50 Addresses in their scope - so something like 192.168.x.52) "x" is whatever your router uses, some use 1, 2, or 3
  • Leave the Subnet Mask as default
  • Gateway is your Router's IP address usually 192.168.x.1
  • DNS is your router's or ISP DNS Address (You can find your ISP DNS on the Internet Configuration of your Router)