What's new

Bluetooth Mouse options

CMD

I use a Razer Orochi mouse too. It has a physical wheel and 2 buttons on both side. I really love it. The only thing that I didn't satisfied is that the 2 AA batteries can only last for few days(maybe one week depends on your usage, comparing with my logitech M505 which can last for almost 2 years!). I need to charge the batteries every week. But I know this is usual for a wireless gaming mouse because of their high performance. So nothing to complain. And you had better take the wire with this mouse in case of the power drain.
I have bought a Microsoft Wedge mouse and a Microsoft Sculpt mouse, But I really don't like their touch function. So I returned them both.

I have had my Oroichi (2012 model) for over a month now and i've only changed the batteries once after daily usage... do you have the 2013 model? One week seems really low, try updating the drivers from Razer's website.

cienveryon

I have had my Oroichi (2012 model) for over a month now and i've only changed the batteries once after daily usage... do you have the 2013 model? One week seems really low, try updating the drivers from Razer's website.

Yes! Mine is 2013 version. I use it at only 800 dpi. And I installed the latest Razer Synapse.
Now I think this issue maybe results from my rechargeable batteries. They have been working for a long time. I will try some new batteries later. Thanks for your information.

bryanhayn

I like using my Apple Magic Mouse because it works with my SP and works with the Macs in my school's computer lab (I don't like touching community mice/keyboards).

Profoxcg

I like using my Apple Magic Mouse because it works with my SP and works with the Macs in my school's computer lab (I don't like touching community mice/keyboards).

yeah If I could being my own keyboard place I would too...

I also have the same mouse, but I do alot of CAD work. The middle mouse button and scroll wheel are fundamental command point. Not sure how to deal with that.

I also too looking for a mouse, and I am having a hard time. I hate the look of the Oroichi

jamearl

I have been looking for a good Bluetooth mouse for Surface Pro too. Before, I used the Microsoft Touch mouse and loved everything about it except the 2.4 ghz adapter. Since I got the SP, I've been using the Wedge mouse. I like it too except it's on the small side. I like the fact that there's no scroll wheel (same on Touch mouse). The ability to just swipe the surface in any direction moves the screen. I wished the Touch mouse was Bluetooth. I also have Sony Via Bluetooth mouse that I use with my desktop computer. It does have the scroll wheel. Finally, I used the Logitech trac wheel which uses a ball as the scrolling device. I loved it but it seemed to have connectivity issues (used it several years up until year ago).

HD_Dude

I have the Wedge, and find that it's abilities are tied to the app, program or website I'm on.

Horizontal scrolling? Perfect on the Start screen. Perfect on NewYorkTimes.com. Dead - on CNN.com. And on and on.

That might not be the Wedge's fault - could be the websites haven't gone full Win8, like Chrome...which won't pinch zoom.

But, even the vertical scrolling is clunky, clunky, clunky. Looking for a regular wheel mouse.

bryanhayn

machistmo

Just using my seriously overpriced Wedge mouse. I love that it fits in my pocket like a pair of keys though. I have to say that someone at Apple is trying to figure out a way to claim they invented this first. The Wedge is a slick product. This has to make the Apple designers green with envy.

kristalsoldier

Just using my seriously overpriced Wedge mouse. I love that it fits in my pocket like a pair of keys though. I have to say that someone at Apple is trying to figure out a way to claim they invented this first. The Wedge is a slick product. This has to make the Apple designers green with envy.

Yeah...I like the Wedge too...particularly after the most recent updates. For some reason it seems to work better though none of the updates (AFAIK) pertained to it.