What's new

Bluetooth Mouse Problems

jomon

Thanks for the info jomon! I'll give it a try

Hi Souldier,

Unfortunately, after about 2 hours with no issues, my PRO decided to drop the Bluetooth mouse again and it stopped working again all of a sudden. Too bad. I am returning this thing and now I will be waiting until March to get one as both my local MS stores are out of stock until March. Ugh.

OP
souldier

souldier

I see. I seem to only have problems when I use my mouse with another Bluetooth device such as a Bluetooth keyboard. could be just coincidence though. I'll have to do further testing

OP
souldier

souldier

Okay right now I am using Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth keyboard, and Bluetooth mouse all at the same time. The mouse is running silky smooth and has been running great all day. Seems like no issues have come back, and I never even tried to do anything to fix it yet. What issues have you been facing Jomon? Is it full out drop in connection or just laggy performance? I've never had an actual drop in connection, only a sluggish and stutter like performance with the mouse. My other BT devices work perfectly and actually better than it did with my previous laptop.

jomon

Hi Souldier,

My issue is that the mouse would become extremely laggy then it would completely disconnect and when it does, I would have a hard time trying to get it to connect again. I think it may be some sort of radio interference while I'm at my office as I've noticed that this issue never happens when I'm working at home.

Okay right now I am using Bluetooth speakers, Bluetooth keyboard, and Bluetooth mouse all at the same time. The mouse is running silky smooth and has been running great all day. Seems like no issues have come back, and I never even tried to do anything to fix it yet. What issues have you been facing Jomon? Is it full out drop in connection or just laggy performance? I've never had an actual drop in connection, only a sluggish and stutter like performance with the mouse. My other BT devices work perfectly and actually better than it did with my previous laptop.

OP
souldier

souldier

I see. Have you tried another laptop/tablet and see if you get the same issues at work? If the problem is not with the surface itself, you probably don't have to return it.

By the way, what mouse model are you using?

jomon

I am using the MS wireless 5000 mouse. I tried the wedge twice and had issues and thought it was the mouse so I returned them.

I see. Have you tried another laptop/tablet and see if you get the same issues at work? If the problem is not with the surface itself, you probably don't have to return it.

By the way, what mouse model are you using?

Cowboy

I am using the MS Wireless 5000 and it works great. Good range, silky smooth. You must have some interference in your area.

Privalov

Hey guys I am using a Logitech V470 Bluetooth mouse on my surface pro. It just seems very laggy and unresponsive but it works just fine on my other laptop. Anyone experiencing the same or have solutions?
I have exactly the same problem with Modecom MC-BM6 Bluetooth mouse on my Surface Pro. This mouse works perfectly on the other laptop, but on the Surface it is extremely laggy, to the point of being completely unusable.

When I look at the devices list in PC Settings, next to the "Bluetooth Mouse 3.0" I sometimes see the "Driver Error" message for a split of second, then "Offline" for a second or two, and it reconnects itself without any action from me. However it is laggy at all times.

I tried the other Bluetooth mouse (I borrowed the Apple one from my friend) and it works perfectly - so the Surface hardware is probably fine. I suspect there is some driver incompatibility with my device. I tried this mouse on two laptops with Windows 7, and it works OK on both of them. Maybe it is related to the drivers in Windows 8. But I don't have any other laptop with Windows 8 at the moment, so I cannot check it.

rephil

My Sculpt Comfort mouse keeps losing connection and its not the batteries I have to wait 2-5 minutes before it will reconnect

Dirty Dawg

Having the random bluetooth mouse disconnect issue here as well. I've already unchecked the "allow turning off this device to save power" box in the device manager. It didn't fix the issue.

When the mouse works, it works great. No lags. Then randomly I'll lose the mouse, pointer stays on the screen where ever it was at the time the connection was lost, until the screen gets changed for whatever normal reason. Then the mouse pointer disappears.

The mouse worked just fine for three days when I first got it. Now I lose it anywhere from once an hour to 12 hours.

Bluetooth devices screen says the mouse is connected, but of course it doesn't actually work.
Removing the mouse and trying to add it again and re-pair does not work. It never discovers the mouse to offer a re-pair.

The Surface pen works just fine when this issue is happening, press the top button and One Note fires right up.

The only thing that gets the mouse back is a restart. Luckily this thing reboots quick. I'm having flashbacks of Windows 95 with all this rebooting, lol.

So from what I gather it appears the next step is either changing the bluetooth driver or seeing if I can change my router to 5GHz? It's a brand new 2.4GHz Linksys.