What's new

Bluetooth mouse problems

Arizona Willie

I have a Logitech Bluetooth Travel Mouse that worked fine with my Xoom tablet but is intermittent with the Surface Pro.

Every other day ( sometimes more often ) I have to remove and re-install the mouse because it just flat quits working AT ALL.

Has anyone had any success getting a NON-MICROSOFT Bluetooth mouse to work CONSISTENTLY with the Surface Pro?

I mean day in and day out with no problems.

drpepper

I use the apple magic mouse and it works fine.. the touch for the mouse doesn't work as it would on a apple laptop though

qi88

I'm using a Microsoft Bluetooth Sculpt Touch Mouse and even it doesn't stay connected. It started off so promising with no issues but after the 3rd or 4th time I started the system up, the mouse wouldn't connect. I uninstalled it but no joy. After struggling with it for a time, it was re-recognized finally. I have since downloaded the MS Mouse And Keyboard Center SW but I haven't used the mouse enough to see if the connection is any better. I plan to use it tomorrow all day so we shall see.

cienveryon

I have tried both Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse and Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse with my surface pro. The sculpt mouse often interrupted which is so annoying. If you connect your surface pro with a bluetooth speaker or headphone at the same time. This problem will be extremely worse. The wedge mouse works better than sculpt in continuity. But I didnt use it for a long time(I returned it for it‘s too small). So I m not sure whether it will go bad in any conditions. And what have to be mentioned is that the touch pad instead of physical wheel have so bad feeling with this two mouse(my personal opinion).
Now I bought Razer Orochi 2013 for a week. It's so expensive and works great in normal condition. But small lagging happened this afternoon(just once) for a short time. And I think it still have the chance that big lagging will happens when more bluetooth devices were connected. However, maybe this is the best choices I could have yet. One more thing I didnt satisfied is that 2 AA battery can only supports it for few days while my logitech M505 can lasts for about 2 years.
We have less choices of bluetooth mouse than normal wireless mouse. I think I would still using a normal wireless mouse if the surface pro have two or more USB ports.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

cienveryon: you could use a HUB but then we wind up carrying around a bunch of stuff instead of one simple tablet. We defeat the purpose of having a tablet. Grrrr :(

qi88

Well, so far so good for the Sculpt Mouse. I was connected all day long today and didn't experience a single hiccup. I don't know what's different about today as compared to yesterday but there you have it.

cienveryon

I'd like to buy a USB 3.0 hub. But I will keep it only at home. Sometimes I need to transfer documents between two USB drive. It's waste of time to copy the documents from one drive to the SP, Then to the other.
If I have to take the USB hub and some other acceseries, e.g. mini display port to VGA HDMI, with me all the time. Why not choose a "bigger" ultrabook?

J515OP

Super Moderator
I'd like to buy a USB 3.0 hub. But I will keep it only at home. Sometimes I need to transfer documents between two USB drive. It's waste of time to copy the documents from one drive to the SP, Then to the other.
If I have to take the USB hub and some other acceseries, e.g. mini display port to VGA HDMI, with me all the time. Why not choose a "bigger" ultrabook?

Most small to medium sized ultrabooks are maybe going to offer one maybe two more USB ports but still have the display port limitations. You are looking at a much bigger model to get those extra options which would be its own compromise. For example the Macbook Air (used because it is a popular ultrabook) has only 2 USB ports and a thunderbolt port (mini displayport essentially) and SD card slot (13" only). If you need bigger you need bigger but it isn't exactly fair to hold that against smaller and more portable devices. Different devices for different uses and sometimes a small light hub is the better solution.

About the size of a pack of gum and $5.
_0.jpg

JP