What's new

Bluetooth Mouse Recommendation?

pierre118

I really like my Sculpt Touch mouse: it's light, portable, and simple, which helps keep it clean. I do, however, have one complaint about it -- after a bit of use, it tends to disconnect from my SP. I then have to power the mouse down, wait 5-10 seconds, and then power it back up. Anyone else experience this? It can be quite annoying when it happens at the *wrong* time.

I had the the same problem. I think it's the SP bluetooth, hardware or software. Since a few weeks I use an external bluetooth dongle(disabled the internal BT), and no disconnects anymore.

pierre118

I really like my Sculpt Touch mouse: it's light, portable, and simple, which helps keep it clean. I do, however, have one complaint about it -- after a bit of use, it tends to disconnect from my SP. I then have to power the mouse down, wait 5-10 seconds, and then power it back up. Anyone else experience this? It can be quite annoying when it happens at the *wrong* time.

See this post : http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...ble-solution-bluetooth-mouse-disconnects.html

Maybe it helps.

OP
U

ultra99

cool inputs guys. I was thinking, why don't I use touch as mouse and save the money! :p

...but the sculpt mouse looks nice

CrippsCorner

Never had to power it down, but it can drop connection for a second or two every now and then...

slvrdrgn123

I bought this one first, but found it was lacking for CS:S playing. For normal browsing and usage, it works great.

Amazon.com: Gigabyte GM-M7700B Compact Bluetooth Laser Mouse: Computers & Accessories

Switched to this now for my mobile gaming. Side buttons are easier to press and a lot more comfortable even though they're roughly the same size.

Amazon.com: Razer Orochi Mobile PC Gaming Mouse: Computers & Accessories

If you're not playing games, go for the Gigabyte and save some money. If you game, get the Razer. It also has a wired more where you can plug in a USB cable too.

Codevine

Nice slvrdrgn123. The Gigabyte looks okay, although it costs pretty much the same as the Sculpt Comfort, so I'd probably go for that. The Razer Orochi looks awesome, but I won't be gaming on the Surface at all and I already have a good gaming mouse for my desktop. Thanks for the recommendations though! :)

gangolfus

I too have the Gigabyte. I chose it because it has forward/back buttons, which is amazingly hard to find in a bluetooth mouse. Overall it seems to be a pretty good mouse, but I have found that I get hand cramps if I try to use it all day because it is a small travel size mouse. That's not a huge deal to me as my SP is a secondary computer for me and I shouldn't use it all day very often. I can always switch to the touchpad if it does happen.

machistmo

cool inputs guys. I was thinking, why don't I use touch as mouse and save the money! :p

...but the sculpt mouse looks nice

No. You cannot ask for our input, let us put in, then pull out at the last minute. Go buy something we suggested ASAP! The economy is depending on you to spend! Don't be that guy! FWIW, my coworker just got the sculpt yesterday, it was on back order at CDW and he loves it. Loves it.

Last edited:

Nuspieds

Got this on preorder.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for the Logitech referral!!!!! :D

First I had the Wedge, then switched to the Apple Magic Mouse. I loved the Magic Mouse, but it required somewhat of a hack go get it to work in Windows. Still, I found it to be better than the Wedge.

With the Magic Mouse, I had the same--if not worse--Bluetooth connectivity issues with the SP (i.e., it would drop intermittently) as I did with the Wedge. But the Magic Mouse does devour batteries, so I went with the Mobee charger and its rechargeable battery. After about 6 months, I found that the battery wasn't holding the charge as it used to, though, so I had to get new ones recently.

Then I stumbled upon this thread, thank goodness! I said to myself that I'd give it a try, because I do like Logitech products. I was definitely worried about size, so I ordered just one.

It definitely is more compact than the Magic Mouse. Moreover, I was impressed with the built-in charge port. With the Mobee charger, although you gain the ability to re-charge the battery, you now need to carry an extra device (the charger) to charge the batteries. Yes, it is slim, but it still takes up room.

With the Logitech T630, the mouse has the charger port built into it on the bottom. So, slimmer than the Magic Mouse and no need for the Mobee charger plate...absolutely fantastic!!!

After one day of actual use, I uninstalled all my Magic Mouse drivers and ordered two more Logitech T630s to replace the other two Magic Mice at home.

I know it is not McDonald's, but I'm lovin' it! :D