What's new

Bluetooth Mouse Recommendation?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There is now a Surface Edition Arc Touch Mouse but the coolest part, it is Bluetooth instead of the 2.4GHz like the original....

Attachments

• Arc_touch_surface_cam2_high_angle.png
    Arc_touch_surface_cam2_high_angle.png
    839.3 KB · Views: 1,112
Last edited:

EMINENT

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for the Logitech referral!!!!! :D

First I had the Wedge, then switched to the Apple Magic Mouse. I loved the Magic Mouse, but it required somewhat of a hack go get it to work in Windows. Still, I found it to be better than the Wedge.

With the Magic Mouse, I had the same--if not worse--Bluetooth connectivity issues with the SP (i.e., it would drop intermittently) as I did with the Wedge. But the Magic Mouse does devour batteries, so I went with the Mobee charger and its rechargeable battery. After about 6 months, I found that the battery wasn't holding the charge as it used to, though, so I had to get new ones recently.

Then I stumbled upon this thread, thank goodness! I said to myself that I'd give it a try, because I do like Logitech products. I was definitely worried about size, so I ordered just one.

It definitely is more compact than the Magic Mouse. Moreover, I was impressed with the built-in charge port. With the Mobee charger, although you gain the ability to re-charge the battery, you now need to carry an extra device (the charger) to charge the batteries. Yes, it is slim, but it still takes up room.

With the Logitech T630, the mouse has the charger port built into it on the bottom. So, slimmer than the Magic Mouse and no need for the Mobee charger plate...absolutely fantastic!!!

After one day of actual use, I uninstalled all my Magic Mouse drivers and ordered two more Logitech T630s to replace the other two Magic Mice at home.

I know it is not McDonald's, but I'm lovin' it! :D

I got mine in yesterday as well. It's pretty cool. No more need to use a different mouse for desktop and Surface. One switch toggle between 2 machines rocks! Just like my Logitech K810 keyboard.

One bad thing about it is it doesn't have the Darkfield laser sensor to use on glass like my MX Anywhere mouse. I liked that feature since my desk and coffee table top is glass. Pretty upset about this. Can't have everything, I guess.

EMINENT

There is now a Surface Edition Arc Touch Mouse but the coolest part, it is Bluetooth instead of the 2.4GHz like the original....

Man, I looked at that a while back and wished it was Bluetooth. I saw the announcement Monday. Now it is!

A great choice if you only have one machine. The T630 fits me better because of it's multi use.

Sit

> There is now a Surface Edition Arc Touch Mouse

Yea, I saw this too, will have to see how small it is.

Nuspieds

I loved that mouse and I still use it for a work laptop which does not have Bluetooth. When I got the Surface Pro, I was so disappointed that they never released a Bluetooth version.

When I went to pre-order my SP 2, I noticed that they now had the Surface edition of the Arc Touch. I had wondered if it was Bluetooth, but now I know. I figured that if the Logitech didn't work out, then I'd check out the new Arc Touch.

But I don't want to have to worry about batteries going dead and not having spares and then what if the spares are weak, blah, blah, blah. I much prefer having a rechargeable unit, so I was really hoping the Logitech would work out. Fortunately, it did.

Nuspieds

I got mine in yesterday as well. It's pretty cool. No more need to use a different mouse for desktop and Surface. One switch toggle between 2 machines rocks! Just like my Logitech K810 keyboard.

One bad thing about it is it doesn't have the Darkfield laser sensor to use on glass like my MX Anywhere mouse. I liked that feature since my desk and coffee table top is glass. Pretty upset about this. Can't have everything, I guess.
Glass was not an issue for me, but when I was at certain airport lounges, my Magic Mouse did not wok well on some countertops. I always ended going to get a magazine and using it as a mouse pad instead.

The next time I'm in the lounge I will definitely see if my Logitech is any better.

OP
U

ultra99

I just bought the Comfort Sculpt mouse. It's fine but tends to skip a lot and it's not very smooth. What could it be?